We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

my family and i are coming down May 6th for a week. Will the ocean be warm enough to swim? My grandkids have never seen an ocean and really want to play in it.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
456 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

You'll want to check this when it gets closer. Pensacola will be close to the same temperature.

www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/egof_tmap.html

Most people start to feel comfortable when the water starts getting into the 70's. Low 70's is still chilly to me these days, but it didn't bother me as much when I was a kid.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

If your grandchildren are used to Missouri weather then they'll probably be just fine in the water here. It's a little chilly for us Floridians right now, around 68-70 degrees. The weather has been very warm in the last few days so the water should get into the 70s soon. I would think that it will definitely be in at least the mid 70s by the time you arrive in May. People swim here year-round, granted they are from up north, though :)

Level Contributor
228 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

We went in May last year and are going again this year in May. While the water was chilly, you could get used to it fairly quickly. I am in my 50's and I was in the water, so I feel like the kids will be fine! May is a great time to go, not very crowded and easier to get into good restaurants without a wait.

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

I always make a week long trip in the middle of May. The weather is great but the water is a bit chilly for me. Everything is open but there are very few people.

5. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach