We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Considering letting my 13 yr old daughter ( who LOVES animals) and 11 yr old son swim with the dolphins at Gulf World this summer. Has anyone done this~ opinions?

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Did it with the grandchildren a couple of years ago. They loved it and still talk about it. The only part they didn't like was having to go in a classroom and listen to a little talk about dolphins before they went out. The parents are kind of backed up on some bleachers so it is hard to get good pictures. They do have a professional photographer so of course we had to purchases some pictures. They loved holding on to the dolphins and swimming around the pool. All in all, I would say it was a worthwhile experience.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

It is a great experience. If they love animals they may even enjoy the Trainer for a Day program.

USA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Swimming with dolphins is great experience.I never have as i feared about them but my have cousin have and he told that there is no need to fear .They are friendly in nature.Your children will enjoy this.

Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Thanks guys- I think we are going to plan on doing it and giving it to them as their birthday presents!

Any more experiences/advice about it will be greatly appreciated! Can you video it or get decent pics yourself or do they sit observers too far away?

Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

For those that have done it- how many people are in each 'group' that is in the water at the same time?

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
163 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

My hubby surpised me with a dolphin encounter. I was almost the oldest in the water ;) My group had around 5 other people. 4 kids and one adult participating with their child. You get the touch the dolphins and each participant gets to hold the fin and the dolphin will pull you a short distance in the water. It was definitely a memorable experience! The kids will love it! Pricey but once in a lifetime kind of experience.

I did it several years ago but at that time you could get pics with a good zoom lens.

Edited: 4:34 pm, February 08, 2013
Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

thanks for the info Annabelle27- I'm excited- I think my kids will love this- esp my 13 yr old dolphin loving daughter!!! I'm not telling them until their birthdays though- now to keep it a secret until May! lol

Any other experiences/info would be greatly appreciated!

Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

We are planning to definitely do this- how soon in advance should we book? We are arriving June 27- the week before July 4th week- I'd rather wait until pretty close to time to have some idea of weather- but should you book pretty far in advance?

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
163 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

Im not sure but since you are there on such a busy time i'd definitely call them and ask what the usual reservation time is.

10. Re: Swim With the Dolphins at Gulf World- Experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach