We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo Rental

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paducah, Kentucky...
1 post
Save Topic
Condo Rental

Has anyone rented a unit from Jon at the Summit?? Reading these posts on here are making me a little apprehensive about the condo? We are leaving in 4 days, the pics he sent to me look good but pics can be deceiving. Our condo is on the 11th floor, any replys would be appreciated.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo Rental

I rented once at the Summit and would never stay here again. I think it was from a Jon I can't remember you can look thur my reviews and see. I thought the pics were nice also but when I got there it needed a good cleaning. Carpets are dirty, sheets smelled and stains on all furniture. I put a sheet on the couch before I would let my girls or me sit on it. I looked like his condo was rented to a lot of spring breakers.

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo Rental

I used to own a unit at The Summit and I can tell you that reviews there mean very little. It's ALL about the owner and the particular unit. Some units are very nice and others are dumps. The time of the year also has a HUGE impact on the environment. The summer is an odd mixture of young families and college-aged drunkards:) The winter is 99% senior snowbirds. The fall and spring are somewhere in between.

I don't know Jon, but I would look closely at his particular unit pics and if it looks good with good rates, i'd probably give it a shot. They have alot of good amenities there. But, DO NOT EVER rent from the on-site rental office at the Summit....you have no idea what you're renting and that office is poorly managed.

I can attest that unit 827 (on VRBO) was a good one as of 2009...I gutted and rebuilt it myself...lol. 222 also used to be really nice....can't say about either one now though. Have a good trip!

3. Re: Condo Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 14, 2013