We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current water temps

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
885 posts
229 reviews
Save Topic
current water temps

I will be down there next weekend and I just wondered if the ocean is too cool to get in? I know it's getting to the end of the season. Does anyone know the ocean temp?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
327 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current water temps

Please see note from Mr Surfs:( He updates surf conditions daily for PCB)

Sunday 9/23/12 1pm update: An absolutely beautiful day! Perfect FALL weather & great for the SUP- Come by the shop grab a board -ONLY $20 for the day. We also will deliver FREE! Air temps in 80s/lower 90s today w/very low humidity. Water is 83dg & emerald blue-green & clear!.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current water temps

We were in Port St. Joe area last week. We were in the ocean everyday and a lot on Friday, 9/21. The temps were just warm enough for me to get in!!

Edited: 6:13 pm, September 23, 2012
Newburgh, Indiana
Level Contributor
159 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current water temps

We just got home from PCB and were in the ocean each day the flag/weather allowed. It was comfortable!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: current water temps

Water Temps are in the low eighties. Should be about perfect.

www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/egof_tmap.html

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: current water temps

Just got back yesterday....the water was great. Not bath water, but easy to get used to...very nice time of the year to go.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: current water temps

The National Weather Service at Tallahassee is going with 82 degrees for its surf-zone forecast.

www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php…

7. Re: current water temps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach