We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing charter recommendations

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
12 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing charter recommendations

Our family is coming down in March of next year. We have never been to this part of Florida before. My 13 year old and I are looking for a fishing boat. We both have a great deal of experience. We are looking for deep sea or shark fishing for a reasonable price.

I see a lot of them advertised but does anyone have any recommendations on boats they have been on before?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing charter recommendations

I always recommend Jubilee. We have used them a couple of times, and pleased each time. Captain Charlie is great and the deck hands are very entertaining and work their tails off. For a small fee, you can have your catch cleaned at the seafood market at the docks. I think we had a 45 minute wait both times. I would recommend taking a small cooler for drinks and sandwiches. We packed a lunch for our ride back. I'm glad we did because they have a limited snack bar.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
365 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing charter recommendations

March can be good fishing- if the weather is right. Red Snapper will be closed until June 1. You might look at doing a Cobia trip in March then- these are for 2-3 people. Damage Inc brought in some nice Cobias ast spring- www.captandersonsmarina.com/charter-boats/ has contact info for a # of boats. Cobia trip will run @ $400-$600 for the boat. Another option is the 2 day trip run by Hall Queen fleet- we did this one last March and brought in big vermillion snapper, amberjack, & blackfin tuna. Cost for the overnight trip is $ 225 per person. Panama City has lots of great fishing options!

Louisville
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing charter recommendations

I highly recommend Transition Charters and Captain Keith Page. He is listed in the Captain Anderson Marina charters listed above. This is a 6 person max. charter, so you get lots of individual assistance. WE always have a wonderful time with Captain Keith. They make sure you come back with plenty of fish. We had a 12 or 13 year old on our last trip and our deck hand made sure he got lots of attention and caught big grouper and red fish.

I agree with the recommendations in the first post on what to bring and that the deck hands work like crazy! The Transition was super clean. I even went barefoot while we were fishing. The deck was washed down between each big catching session.

Tell Captain Keith that Junebug sent you.

4. Re: Fishing charter recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach