We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excuse me... over here!

blank
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
excuse me... over here!

What is there to do in panama city beach and panama city??? is there more action and things to do there than in myrtle and daytona beaches? What all restaurants, shops, etc. is there to do there at PCB? Please give me ALOT of details i really need help becaucse idk if im going there or not because ive never been. THANKS!

Snellville, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excuse me... over here!

Between the choices of Daytona, Myrtle Beach, and PCB ~ PCB is the best. The beaches are clean and white! Things to do? How old are you and what do you like to do? Family deals everywhere. Party places, too. I have been going since I was 20. Now, I am 48 with children. My party days are (well let's say) slowed down. Club LeVela and Spinnaker are always rolling. There are other clubs, too. Family ~ Emerald Falls caters to the young and older children i.e. bumper boats, tiny go-carts, to the real go carts. Shopping ~ there is a Mall nearby. Of course my fave is the Super Walmart (best beer prices!) They have a Sam's club too. There are some really cool gift shops (American owned), not like Myrtle Beach. The local restaurants are the best. Oysters ~ Dusty's has been my favorite forever. Great party place late at night, too. My friend's uncle lives there and practically lives at Dusty's. Want to know anything else ~ email me ~ lynnestwins@aol.com. I love it so much that I want to move there. I'm in Atlanta, GA (born and raised) and most people think of me as a "hippie" if that tells you anything.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
302 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
blank
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: excuse me... over here!

yeah is there like a theme park or more there? ummmm..... is there lots of restaurants there to eat at? Ok im going to the beach in June somewhere so is it usually crowded down there? where is the main road with all the attractions, food, shops, etc. is the length of PCB longer(bigger or do u drive n 2 town) than MB or DB(i mean like the shops, action, food, & stores) THANX.

Snellville, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excuse me... over here!

June? Crowded...bumper to bumper traffic on the main drag (Front Beach Road) right on the beach. Probably 7 miles give or take. Lots of good restaurants! Email me and I'll tell ya the best. lynnestwins@aol.com Do you like sushi or oysters on the half shell? There is a zoo 5 mins from the beach. We go there every year - pretty cool. Gulf World (right on the main drag) is great! You will not be bored! Prices are very reasonable too. Myrtle Beach and Daytona were a drag for me because you had to have a car to get anywhere. Everything is right there on the beach in Panama City (very close). We stay within walking distance of Club LeVela and Pineapple Willy's and Emerald Falls.

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Pineapple Willy's
Pineapple Willy's
3,942 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
302 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excuse me... over here!

blank1--here's more info to add to lynnestwins great list.

If you like water parks you MUST go to Shipwreck Island. It's awesome. Opens around 10 I think and closes around 5:30 or 6. We are there before gates open and there until it's closing and they're cleaning up. Hubby and I have been going to PCB almost every year since 1982 and NEVER miss going to Shipwreck.

There was a theme park across from the water park but was closed 2 or yrs ago. Still lots of arcades and putt putt courses that are alot of fun.

Restaurants. Oh my gosh, so many to chose from. If you like steak, Angelo's Steak House is a MUST. Go early (4ish) or be prepared to wait in line a long time.

Seafood--Capt Andersons, The Treasure Ship, Montego Bay, Sharkey's, Schooners, Hammerhead Fred's--my favorite, Pompano's and many more that I'm not remembering.

Meat & 3 plus excellent price and service try Mike's Diner on 98. Awesome food, great service, even better prices. Hard to beat.

Snorkeling, Pirate cruises, deep sea fishing, laying on the beach reading a good book watching the sun set are all good options.

Night clubs--depending on your age, LaVela and Spinnakers for the younger crowd (under 30). Last local Beach Club if you're over 30 is fun. I think Sharkey's, Schooners and a few other places have dance floors and play "beach music" but not 100% certain.

If weather turns off yucky there are movie theaters at Edgewater and I belive a bowling alley around somewhere too altho I've never been...not much on bowling.

Whatever you do it's fun, a great group of folks come to PCB and there are lots's to do. Have a wonderful time!

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Schooners
Schooners
2,305 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Hammerhead Fred's
Hammerhead Fred's
790 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Mike's Diner
Mike's Diner
250 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Snellville, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excuse me... over here!

Check out these webcams online ~

Live!

spinnakerbeachclub.com/multimedia/livecams.h…

http://chateau-motel.com/cam/

Lynne

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: excuse me... over here!

Another web-cam (my favorite) www.schooners.com

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: excuse me... over here!

K-cruises has pretty much summed it up ...beautiful beaches, plenty of fun things to do, lots of good restaurants, nightclubs, nice/affordable places to stay. Blank 1, you stated that you have never been. You really should plan a trip to PC, you'll have a great time.

Karen has taken many, many trips. Over the last 25 years, I've averaged one trip about every two years, the last one being Sep. of '04, and my wife and I had a great time!

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach