We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In progress trip report

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
In progress trip report

Arrived at Laketown Wharf late Friday nite. Check in was quick and easy - unloaded and got in room in under 20 minutes ( with 4 kids 6 and under )

Slept in saturday morning - decided to just to take it easy for the day. Ate a late lunch at Schooners ( my first time there ), was very impressed with the service, and not just our server. My kids are very happy and love to speak to everyone - they would walk over to tables close to us as we waited for our food and the waiters would lean down and talk to them and just be nice.

Weather seemed to clear up late in the afternoon, so we went to the larger of the 4 pools - freezing!

Just before sunset we walked over to the beach and just hung out, took pictures and then called it a night.

Sunday, ate Bfast in the room and went to the kiddie pool for the majority of the day. Met some nice people and had a good time playing with the kids. Had an early dinner at Sharkys - my kids fave place - played out on the swings and pitate ship after eating.

Came back to LW and fed the gator some pizza crust.

4 tired kids and 2 worn out parents so far...

to be continued...

Bryant, AL.
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In progress trip report

Sounds like yall are having fun. The pools will probably warm up in a few days of sunshine as they're cold from all the rain last week.

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In progress trip report

Sounds great!!!!!!!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
51 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In progress trip report

I enjoy reading these trip progress reports. Kinda gives you an idea of how PCB to those who will be on our way down soon. :-)

Hope you keep enjoying your trip!

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In progress trip report

Love the trip reports! Keep them coming!

Alabama
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In progress trip report

ok, monday I had to do some running around for meds for kids with ear infections. After dealing with traffic, the heat, and getting updates of -do this, go there, did you get? I came back to the room and took a long nap. Tuesday the weather wasn't so great - awesome thunderstorm with plenty of cloud to ground lightening - so we went to Margaritaville and had a late lunch. Spent rest of the afternoon at the pool.

Wednesday we hit the beach - met a super nice young couple of Texas that just pretty much took our kids away from us and had a blast with them.

Today, thursday, we went to the pool - our youngest slipped away from us and went under - my wife ended up having to take him to the ED in Panama City. He's fine - about 45 minutes after he went under he expelled the water from his lungs and stomach all over the inside of the van. Just a reminder - it only takes 2 seconds, and they are out of sight.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In progress trip report

Goodness, I hope that your little one is doing ok. Such a scary thing.

I asked my dad to keep an eye on one of my 3 sons years ago. Well, he didn't and my sweet one went under the water. Oh how scared I was and Dad could never forgive himself. (I'm glad because thereafter he paid more attention).

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In progress trip report

It seems your family has had a very scary experience, I'm happy to hear your son is alright. We took our 2 year old grandchild with us, you have to constantly keep an eye on them. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In progress trip report

Glad he is ok!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
51 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In progress trip report

OH MY WORD Steven. Happy to hear your son is ok!

10. Re: In progress trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach