We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report- good time in spite of rain

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
trip report- good time in spite of rain

We arrived in pcb last friday and stopped at Publix on the way in and picked up stuff for the morning then went to our condo at Shores Of Panama.

The next day was nice and we enjoyed the water. Seaweed wasn't bad at all. We went over to the dollar tree and picked up some stuff then to Walmart to finish out our groceries. We ate at Hammer head Freds which was ok but I wasn't really impressed.

We had a pretty good day Sunday in spite of the rain and the kids rented scooters. They went to dirty dicks and swore it was wonderful.

Monday, we were supposed to rent a pontoon boat which I rented from Aquatic Adb\ventures thru Tripshock. It rained so bad all day so I called and moved it to the next day. My son and I went to Rosemary Beach, seaside and Watercolor. We ate at Pickles in Seaside which is a really interesting place to see.

Tuesday, we had to cancel the boat agaiin so I moved it to Thursday. We rode back down to the other beaches while it was raining then went to Pier Park. We ate at Tootsies which was really inexpensive and the food was good. The kids had extra hours on the scotter because of the rain and the battery dying so they went back to do that again. The people next to Hungry Howies in Surf Style mall were really good to them.

Wednesday was my oldest sons birthday so we got him a cake at publix which was awesome. He wanted to go to Pineapple Willys which was great. The kids always love it. One had ribs and the the other had alligator and I tried both and they were good. I had shrimp but it wasnt that great. The other kid with us had grilled shrimp and it was really good. We got to spend alot of time in the water and the kids rented a kayak.

Thursday morning we went out on the boat. When we got there, the guy at Aquatic adventures was really nice and concerned about the weather. He made sure I knew that if we rented and it rained, we couldn't get a refund but since the weather was not that great, if we left, we could. We went ahead and rented and had a blast. 4 hours was not long enough. We found some good shells and since there wasnt tons of people out, we saw 15 or 20 dolphins. We played minigold and did the maze that night at coconut creek then went to the mellow mushroom for dinner. Food was good but it was sooooo slow you better be mellow.

Oh and there was some seaweed but it wasnt that bad.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report- good time in spite of rain

Enjoyed your trip report. So glad you had a great time even though it rained. Even a rainy day at the beach is better than one at home!

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report- good time in spite of rain

So true summer53. Glad you are having a good time walker_sam.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
51 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report- good time in spite of rain

Love reading these trip reports :-).

Would love to see more of these.

Keep enjoying your trip!

4. Re: trip report- good time in spite of rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach