We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the summit condominium

Level Contributor
289 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
the summit condominium

has anyone stayed here recently? over the past several years a group of us have been staying here and enjoyed our time at the summit:but haven't been there recently I heard they have made a few changes and even added a restuarant please let me know thanks

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: the summit condominium

just got back in dec, 04. the place is undergoing major renovation around the pools, new tiles, alot of noise and dust, and expected to continue as long as sept. 05. management is promoting family oriented theme now, no longer for spring breakers. enforcing the rules strictly.

Canton, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the summit condominium

For the past 3 yrs, me and a group of other mom's ( 35 yrs old) go each June and love it.. It has a Tiki bar by the pool and a restaurant just to the left of the condo, but on property. They also have a store that serves up food. The rooms that you rent directly from the Summit are not that nice, at least the ones we have rented. You are better off to rent from an individual. It seems to be a very family oriented place.

We like it!

Level Contributor
289 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the summit condominium

thanks for the reviews a group of girls I work with have been to the summit a couple of times over the past few years we have not had a problem with renting from them we always get 15th fl 3 bdrm I was wondering how is the restuarant does the tiki bar still open at night when we were there in the fall of 99 hurricane gorge tiki closed earlier even in nice weather

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: the summit condominium

now is the time to rent a condo & save big bucks. the summit is undergoing major renovation to all the condo patios. expect alot of noise & dust, but I already booked for Sept. 05 and got a $200.00 discount because I won't be able to go outside on the patio, so I will just have to go to the beach. At least they won't be working at night, so it will be quiet then. The owner said it would go on for at least 3-4 months. We are staying just two weeks, but we will be able to spend the 200.00 on other stuff.

Alabama
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: the summit condominium

Is the constuction to the patios still going on? We are going July 16-23,2005. We have rented from an owner who just returned. No mention has been made about using the patio. Is this the same as the balcony? Please someone let me know, I hate surprises.

Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the summit condominium

I called the Summit after being notified by an owner about the renovations. I was told by the staff that if things go as they are now, they will only be HALF WAY DONE with the balconies by October. There will be major noise, dust and pool closings depending on which side the work is being done. I had emailed MANY owners about renting in October and only one was honest enough to tell me she didn't want to rent b/c of the renovations. The Summit staff recommended I find alternate accomodations this year.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the summit condominium

I just mailed off my deposit on a Summit Condo for the end of August. This lady has several condos at Summit and she never mentioned anything about renovations or work being done on the building. In fact, I asked if there was a lot of construction going on around the condo, and she said yes all over PC but nothing that would interfere or disturb my stay. I know an owner at the Summit (his unit was rented) so I will ask him tomorrow about the patio and pool closings. I'll be sure to post what I find out!

Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the summit condominium

Very odd...I am quite sure that this is a definite. I asked very specific questions as to what was going on...you could call the Summit yourself...they'll know the schedule better than the owners. They told me barring any more hurricanes, they should be half way by Oct. The way they talked, they couldn't guarantee me the heated pool for Oct..w/ 4 kids, that's a major downer..so we found another rental in another building.

Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the summit condominium

I am scheduled to arrive at the Summit on Aug 13 any new info would be appreciated.

Kingsport, TN
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the summit condominium

I have been watching this post hoping someone would reply to the last questions asked about the summit since I plan to stay there in a few weeks. I have heard they use some sort of wristband thing. Anyone know what that is all about.