We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

We are two families looking for a gulffront condo that is not too expensive. I know that may be hard to find. I figured if I could any advice it would be here!

We would like it in a quieter area as we are taking 4 kids. 3 bedroom is what we are looking for but will do a 2 bedroom if it is just right. We have been to many beaches in Florida but have never been here so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have looked and looked on VRBO but I have no idea which area to look in. Thanks!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

My kids and I like Shores of Panama really well. They were disappointed last year when we had to go somewhere else.

the pool is really nice and it is in a quiet place for the most part but also close to a couple of places to eat and as bad as I hate the walmart there, it is right across the street.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

What time of year are you looking for....

PCB is not quiet and crowded in the summer.......

You won't find any better beaches then here...

Look vrbo

I'm south Walton beach area - Santa rosa beach, blue mountain beach.

Or.....

Destin as well

GA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

We are looking at the beginning of June. We have been to Destin, just wanting something new.

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

The OP is looking for a 3-BR that is "not too expensive and in a quieter area"

My goodness, if that is your criteria, please ignore the Shores of Panama suggestion! A 3 BR @ SOP in early July is probably one of the most expensive places to rent in a resort setting down in PCB. Plus it is VERY crowded, with the beach stacked 3 lines deep and you're lucky to get your car out of the garage at dinnertime because of the dense traffic.

SOP is a nice resort....inexpensive and quiet, it ain't!

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

Agree, SOP is a beautiful resort but not quite and expensive for three bdroom in July. I am staying at Emerald Isle in August. I have never stayed there before, but what I have read is that it is a quite area about 2miles past peir park. All rooms are ocean front with huge balconies. The prices seem to be reasonable. Not sure if they have 3bd. I booked thru a timeshare which I can't cancel now but VBRO has the best rates and sometimes you can get free beach chairs and other perks that you can't get booking thru agencys.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

Try Treasure Island at the east end close to St. Andrews Park ...quite and nice.

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
445 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

The Celdedon

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

We stay there the first week of august every year for aorund 1,000 for the week for a two bedroom and it is usually not too bad then. We have never had problems with noise.

The op didnt specify a date.

I have never been stuck in traffic during this week other than the way our gps took us through town the first time on a friday night and it was bumper to bumper.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

I would suggest Treasure Island or Seychelles at the east end. Very quiet, but you can walk to Schooners for lunch or dinner. Very close to St. Andrews Park. Treasure Island does not have a hot tub if that is important to you. It does have two nice gulf front pools. We have stayed at both of these and enjoyed our stay. Seychelles is a little cheaper than Treasure Island. If looking on VRBO, this is the lower lagoon area. Good luck!

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very first time in Panama City Beach! Help!

Walker Sam,

Are you sure you're talking about the Shores of Panama resort at the intersection of Front Beach Road and Thomas Drive? 2 BR units in that resort go for $2,200 to $2,500 or so per week during the peak season (which includes the 1st week of August)

I'd love to know which 2 BR unit you rent every year for that amount. Care to share? I promise I won't book the first week in August!

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach