We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Our week at St. George Island has been changed to a week at Panama City Beach thanks to Tropical Storm Debby.

I'm finding lots of good info here on restaurants but would love to find others for some great seafood. I need shrimp!

My main need is a little fishing trip for a family of four. I believe the weather should be nice by Thursday so would like to book something asap. Anyone have experience with any of the local guides? I'd prefer our own boat to a large one full of people.

Thanks for any advice in advanced.

Mentioned in this post
St. George Island
St. George Island
Florida Panhandle, FL
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
5,202 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Weather may be good Thurday indeed, but still look for surf reports as I think they still may be high.......

If you all are serious bout fishing yes get on a charter boat usually 140-200 pp depending on duration

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Any particular recommendations?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Good seafood? Try Hunt's and Captains Table. They are bother really good. I'm sure their shrimp is good as well. Can't speak on the private fishing trip. We went on a party boat last fall. We had a lot of fun, and I didn't think it was that crowded.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

For your fishing trip go down to Treasure Island Marina, Lighthouse Marina, or Capt Anderson's. Just walk around down there and talk to a couple of guys that are on the boats. They also have their phone numbers posted by their boats if not there.

I'm an avid fisherwoman. It usually takes a few days after a storm like this before people can even get their boats out of "the pass" much less off shore. I know it sucks because you are on vacation and want to fish. The guys down at the marina will know more on Tuesday.

Good Luck!!!

PS: Hunts and Capt Table for good local seafood.

Mentioned in this post
Capt. Anderson's Restaurant
Capt. Anderson's...
1,897 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
394 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

I hear you- my 10 hr charter for last Sun was canceled due to TS Debby-

If you can be flexible with day you go you should have no trouble booking a charter- a 6 hr or longer will get you on Red Snapper. I have used Hook 'Em Up www.pcbeachfishingcharters.com and Maggi www.mcgowancharters.com in past and had great results these are both at Capt Anderson Marina. Another good one is Best Bet www.panamacitybeachfishing.net over at Treasure Ship Marina- + they just brought in another boat over from Destin & renamed it MAKIN MEMORIES- it is a big 65" charter type boat that does daily walk on trips for $125/pp + they are using live bait on these trips- they told me they will run with a minimum of 8 on this trip, can take up to 20. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Capt. Anderson's Restaurant
Capt. Anderson's...
1,897 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
737 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

Schooners on the Beach has huge shrimp and it is awesome.

My ex has always went to Captain Andersons Boat dock and always ended up with a good charter guide. He woulsdn't go anywhere else.

7. Re: Debby has us seeking advice for seafood and fishing charters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, June 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach