We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
365 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Just a heads up on the scooter rentals. My teens rented from them and didnt read the small print in the contract and lost their deposits. They road on the shoulder of the road and California Cycles has employees riding around in trucks watching for contract offenders.

They showed no mercy when the girls apologized and said they didnt know they couldnt ride on the shoulder of the roads. Granted---the kids should have read the small print, but beware that the company makes a lot of extra money this way. Probably why they can rent for $5/hr.

My kids made a mistake--dont let this mess up your kid's vacation.

Good luck and be safe!

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

This is not the first time ive heard about these scooter rental places its a shame how they run their business to make extra money sorry that happened to you

Marietta, Georgia...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

SAME HERE! On April 5th, 2012 I went to California Cycles with my 18 year old son so he could feel secure renting a scooter for the night. He rented a red scooter car for a total of $201.03. After less than an hour of total driving (& returning @ 9:30 p.m. for the required "oil check") it broke down at 10:45 p.m. He did exactly as told & called the number on the key (numerous times) only to get a voice mail with full mail boxes. He called police & was instructed to leave it for CC to pick up. We returned early next a.m. for a refund. They verbally attacked us & accused him of wrecking it. Today he was notified his credit card was maxed out due to (fraudulent unauthorized) charges of $100.00 & 973.00. They are running an illegal organized scam operation. To report other abuse by CA Cycles Please call. Cpl. Eusebio Talamantez Jr Panama City Beach Police Department Special Investigative Unit Office (850)233-5010 x2227 Fax (850) 233-5012. Protect our kids on SPRING BREAK!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
206 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Oh my gosh that is horrible. Hopefully with enough people they will shut it down.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Very sad to hear this. This will be our first PCB visit and I was looking forward to renting these for my son and his friend.

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Lots of people rent w/o a problem, read the contract and enjoy the ride.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

I've also heard really bad things about this company. We really love Classic Rentals or Classic Cycles, something like that. The one we rented was past Pier Park (coming from Laguna Beach) some ways on the left side of Front Beach Rd. They were great!

Save Reply
7. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

You probaly the owner. Yall are scam artist and thugs

Save Reply
8. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

You probaly the owner. Yall are scam artist and thugs

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

Please be advised that "Classy Cycles" and "California Cycles" are one and the same. Why do you need two names?

Indianapolis...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Scooter Rentals -- California Cycle

I was also ripped off by this company.

On vacation with my wife, two daughters and my mom and dad.

We weren't looking to rip anyone off - or get over on anyone.

We just thought it may be fun to rent a golf cart for a couple of hours.

The staff at this place is beyond ridiculous - they are all redneck trailer trash - and the way the run a business is horrible.

They will say/do anything - to be able to keep your security deposit.

Anyone posting on here saying they had a good experience at CLASSY CYCLES - AKA CALIFORNIA CYCLES is either lying - or the boss/owner Mike wasn't there to rip you off on the day of your rental.

They have absolutely 0 cooth - are ignorant and bullies.

SCAM ARTISTS 100% - take your business elsewhere - you will be happy you did.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach