We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to panama city beach

texas
2 posts
Save Topic
first visit to panama city beach

this will be our first trip to pananma city beach. we are gong in july we have 2 kids 14 and 16. we wil be staying at a condo on the west in. what is some of the best things to do and places to go?

Level Contributor
43 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to panama city beach

If this is your first trip to PCB, then I think that you are gonna love it. First, you have to make sure and eat at Pineapply Willy's. They have great ribs and drinks, and are right on the beach. It's nice to eat there in the evening and watch the sunset. Shuckums is a good place to eat if you like oysters. Also, there are several places to play putt putt and ride go karts, but I think the thing that you and your family will enjoy the most is the atmosphere in PC Beach. It is really laid back and peaceful. Also, the beaches are gorgeous, and if you go at the right time of year the water is as beautiful as what you would see in the Bahamas!

Louisville,KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to panama city beach

I went to PCB 11 yrs ago and my family is considering going back this year. So it feels like going for the first time all over again LOL. I am sure alot has been done in the past 11 yrs- probably looks alot different than when I went in 1995! I appreciate suggestions on where to stay and eat! I heard alot of good words about Pineapple Willy- what kind of food do they serve?

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to panama city beach

Thanks for the info UGAFan. I have been looking online at all the attractions, places, and things to do. I am hoping we will ahve fun. We love the beach!!

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to panama city beach

sclubb......when in July are u going? We have a timeshare Condo at Casa Blanca Resort next to Holiday Inn Sunspree and we wil be going w/o 7/29. We have owned our condo since April '82 when we were on our honeymoon and have gone pretty much every year since.

In addition to where to eat listed above, I'd recommend Angelo's Steak House & Mike's Dinner. Two totally different places but both AWESOME. Mike's is located on the west end of the beach, past the Y across the street from the beach. There is a huge high rise condo across from it that I can't remember the name of but it's worth trying to find it. It's a small locally owned meat & 3 that is AWESOME. It's casual so you can come in a pair of shorts and tank top which is nice. We ALWAYS go the night we come in and at least one or two times more before we leave. The portions are HUGE, prices very reasonable. The grilled shrimp is great. My oldest daughter loves the Open Face Roast Beef Sandwiches, younger daughters love the chicken strips. It is truly one of the best places in PCB to eat.

Another good one is Angelo's Steak House. It's our big splurge for the week but it's worth it. We love the steak there and have never had a bad meal...and that includes the last 24 yrs!! :)

Other good places to eat are Schooners and Hammerhead Fred's. Some feel The Treasure Ship, Capt Anderson's, and Pompono's can't be missed but I think they're too expensive.

Other than 1 day at Shipwreck Island, we like to hang out at the beach or the pool at our condo but at night we play putt putt or go to one of the arcades.

I think you can call the chamber of commerce in PCB and have some information sent to you. Check it out and see!

Good Luck!!

Karen

Louisville,KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to panama city beach

Was Angelo's the one restaurant where the big bull statue is out in front LOL. I remember visiting 11 yrs ago in PCB and my family and I ate at this place that had a gigantic bull out front. Angelo's sounds so familiar- it might be the place. I still have the picture of the whole family posing in front of this big creature LOL.

It's been 11 years since we came to PCB and are probably returning this year. I can't wait-probably so much has been done since we stayed last.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit to panama city beach

Yes, it is...actually it's a steer but who cares? Angelo's has been there as long as I can remember and I've been going to PCB since the 70s. Fantastic food, great service, friendly people.

Louisville,KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: first visit to panama city beach

Ah, a steer! I knew it was something like a big cow or something LOL. I knew the place sounded familiar :) It was a great place- I am sure we will return there!

michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: first visit to panama city beach

I started going to PCB with my parents in the late 80's. I am now 24 and go each spring break with my friends. For a family, the best places to eat are The Treasurer Ship, Captain Andersons, Shuckums, Sharkys and Pineapple Willy's. There isn't a lot to do in PCB but lay by the pool and golf. Things we did growing up were:

Take a glass bottom boat to shell island

Rent a car and drive to seaside

Rent a water bike or wave boards

Rent a boat and go deep sea fishing/ or fish off the pier..never a personal favorite of mine

If it ever rains there is an indoor mall and movie theater in the little town.

I do have to caution you with a 16 year old, there is a lot of ‘wierdos’ in every resort town. PCB is no different. My parents never let us (my sister and I) walk around the beach at night until we were older.

9. Re: first visit to panama city beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:48 am, June 22, 2006
Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first visit to panama city beach

Bookit.com......I agree w/you. The hour + I had to wait for a table plus the $75 or more I had to shell out for 2 adts and 3 children meals was WAY over priced. I will admit their ribs are awesome but there are other places on the beach I can go to for different things and a 1/4th of the cost. One thing that blew me away, and I guess this is kinda petty but nonetheless I found it surprising, when you ask for a kid's meal they don't have lids for the kid's cups! Who ever heard of giving a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old cups w/o lids?!

My favorite place to eat is now gone :>( It was Laguna Grill on Front Beach Rd across from Wal-Mart. The food was great, the service was good and the kids loved sitting out on the back deck and watching the raccoons run around underneath the deck.

Thankfully Mike's Diner and Angelo's are still there. If they close, I don't know what we'll do!!

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach