We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Condo for kids- great pool?

overland park, ks
Level Contributor
108 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best Condo for kids- great pool?

We recently stayed at Waterscape in Ft. Walton Beach and my kids loved the pools. They are 4 & 6 and I am looking for the most family friendly condo with good kids pools in Panama CIty.

Which do you recommend for a late June trip?

Thanks in advance!

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

You may want to consider Splash resort as it seems to cater to families with younger kids with their pools.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

I would stay at the Sandpiper Beacon. They have the only indoor lazy river ride in the area, another heated indoor pool with a kids slide, an outdoor pool with a 2 story water slide, a main outdoor pool with hottub, then a kiddie pool for the younger kids. My kids are 4 & 8 and they had a blast! There are also plenty of seasonal activities for children and adults all year long! The website is www.sandpiperbeacon.com. Check it out!

I hope you have a great vacation!

Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

Go to www.vrbo.com and look at the condos. You can rent from the owners a lot cheaper then from the agencies. The Splash is definately kids oriented. The kids will never want to leave. It have a toddler splash pool, a covered heated lazy river and an adult pool and hot tub and a huge game room. If you do not want to spend that much, because the Splash is one of the most expensive on the beach, try to Wyndham. We stayed at the Wyndham last year. The best part about the place is the pools. One the parking desk side there are two pools; one for adults (heated) and a water park style pool for the kids. My daughter (8) loved it. The condos were really nice too. The only complaint I have about Wyndham are the elevators and esculators. There were long waits for the elevators to get to the beach and you have to ride an esculator or elevators to get to the elevators to take you to the rooms. It is not as confusing as it sounds, but it is a hassle if one of them is not working. Beautiful resport though. If you can take some stairs, you won't have any problems. Watch out for the Sandpiper Beacon, it can be a party zone and is a hotel, not condo.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

Agree about Splash and Emerald. Haven't seen Emerald in person, but Splash has the lazy river pool outside and some of the pools are partially under the building. Sandpiper is a hotel not a condo as the other poster said. Lots of comments on the tripadvisor site for Sandpiper still make this hotel a questionable choice. If you want to try a hotel, recommend the Palmetto. Doesn't have a lazy river, but it has a nice pool area. Many of the condos have a kid's pool though with the shallow pools and water effects. Splash caters to the kids/families with the bright colors and slides.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

For a late june trip, the Sandpiper is anything but a party zone. The hotel caters to families at that time of year with family activities every day such as face painting, glitter tatoos, movie nights, live entertainment, beach games and contests and more! You'll also get a better rate and get to enjoy amazing amenities right at your door step.

Loganville, GA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

Terry do you get some kind of kickback from the Sandpiper. You advertise for them on every thread. We get it you like the Sandpiper Beacon.

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

I agree about Splash. That is probably your best bet for young children.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

I've thought for awhile now that Terry must either work for the hotel or gets some type of commission for singing the praises of Sandpiper Beacon. I've stayed at a lot of places that I've really liked, but I don't know the phone numbers and details like Terry does with Sandpiper. Not only that, but if you look back at previous comments on Sandpiper, many of them are pretty negative. I hope that people are seeing through Terry's postings and will investigate further. I've been tempted to report that person to Tripadvisor.

Bolivar, Tennessee
Level Contributor
89 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

I got curious too after seeing several postings about Sandpiper...another posting by them says that Sandpiper is the spring break hot spot! Go check out all their postings.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Condo for kids- great pool?

Interesting. Notice how all the reviews are from people who only have one contribution to this site? Not normal. I also found that the most recent review ripped the place. It's too bad that Tripadvisor doesn't have a way of screening some of these things but I suppose that's almost impossible. Anyone that monitors these boards on a regular basis and are familiar with PCB will always jump up in if we think someone is giving out bad or misleading information.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach