We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling @ St. Andrews

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
592 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling @ St. Andrews

Can anyone tell me if you need to go to Shell Island for snorkeling or is there a place at St. Andrews?? I keep reading about snorkeling at a place called the Jetties and I'm not sure of the location.

THANKS!

Mentioned in this post
Shell Island
Shell Island
1,727 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling @ St. Andrews

What kind of fish do you see when snorkeling around there?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkeling @ St. Andrews

I want to let you know that there is a place to snorkel at St. Andrews. It is at the 2nd beach area you come to (the concession building has snorkle and flotation rentals).It is a small area of jetties (rock formations that protect an area of beach from big waves) it is a good area for small children and those who have little or no snorkle experience. We saw puffer fish, lots of hermit crabs, several bigger(ugly) fish, and my daughter caught a seahorse in her bucket and net. The water is only about chest deep at its deepest but a little murky as you get out towards the rocks..

There is a jettie area over at shell island also as you get off of the boat shuttle but I prefer to stay at the park because there are no bathrooms or other ammenities at shell island, and with a 2 and 6 year old bathrooms are a plus. Also you may want to just go to walmart and buy a cheap set of fins and a snorkle if you plan on snorkling more than one day.. or for kids.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
Recent Conversations