We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Dolphin Tours

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Blue Dolphin Tours

I found this place on the internet,,its in Panama City,,anyone know anything about it or used them before to go for tours of shell island or swim with the dolphins

Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Dolphin Tours

shell island is a joke believe me there are no shells there its a tourist trap have been there twice the first time thought it was a fluke just got back for pcb went again on a dolphin tour and still no shells so i asked our guide and he even said it basically was a tourist trap but if you do decide to go pack a cooler because there is nothing there take an early morning tour for the dolphins you will be amazed at how many of them you see

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Dolphin Tours

Dolphins are protected under the Marine Mammals Protection Act of 1972 and swimming with them in the wild can lead to heavy fines plus it could be potentially very dangerous.

I'd be very wary of any Florida operation that advertises 'swimming with (wild) dolphins...

If you want to swim with dolphins, do so at a reputable and recognized facility where the swims ar supervised by competent trainers.

There are several down in the Florida Keys -

The Dolphin Research center is one excellant example. See their web site at: www.dolphins.org

Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Dolphin Tours

I was in PCB last year and went out on one of their "swimming with dolphins" excursions. It was wonderful!!! I have been on several other tours of this nature but was always disappointed. Due to the number of people allowed on the other tours I never saw a dolphin (or much of anything else for that matter). However, Blue Dolphin is different, the tour groups are smaller and the dolphins arnen't afraid to swim around you or even up to you. If you don't do anything else while you're in PCB be sure to do this - it is well worth it!!! Oh yeah, don't forget to take one of those disposable waterproof cameras with you, I took some great underwater pictures of the dolphins.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach