We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Just returned from a three night stay at Gulf Crest. Had a wonderful time- just too short for my liking!!! The ocean was gorgeous- crystal clear and no seaweed to be seen! Ocean was cool, but swim-able. Weather was perfect- if not a little cool in late afternoon and early morning- very breezy this weekend. Like Gulf Crest a lot. We had unit 506- very nice and well furnished. The balconies at this place are huge!!! The condo is nice here- liked the assigned parking, fast elevators, and great pool area. Big complaint- they advertised one heated pool- no heat in sight! The pools were freezing- a lot colder than the ocean- and everyone was complaining. My kids swam a couple of short swims, but got out quickly each time. There were a couple of owners there who weren't happy either- one said she was definitely going to complain to someone. The only other thing that I didn't love was the location- it is very close to the action. The beaches were very crowded (I know it was Memorial Day weekend and the weekend a lot of people got out of school), but we heard noise all through the night. The first night we heard a band all night- thought it was LaVela/Spinnaker, but found out the next night that a place across the street was having a live band or karaoke or something- kept part of our family up most of the night for two nights. Also, lots of partying going on at near-by Summit and the clubs that were visible from our beach and balcony. I loved the condo complex itself- is very nice and mostly families, I just would have preferred a quiter location- especially on a holiday weekend. Unfortunately, we will be vacationing the fourth of July week beginning next year due to husband's vacation choices- so I will probably be looking for a more remote location- maybe the end of Thomas Drive or the opposite end of FBR. All in all- good vacation. I would recommend Gulf Crest on a non-holiday weekend. It is a very nice complex. So, guess I'll begin planning for next year and wishing I were back on the beach!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report

Hello,

We went to PCB the week before Memorial Day and stayed at Sterling Beach. We rented through a vrbo for the first time (I was scared). We didn't have wrist bands or designated parking. The thing I liked about it was there was no key to have to hang onto there was a combination on the door. I really liked that idea. The week we went there was hardly anybody there. There were times I was the only one on the beach, I don't know if it was just the time we went or what but it was the same by the pool. The most by the pool were about 5 people. We throughly enjoyed ourselves and will definately return. We drove to Destin and took Front Beach Road so we drove by alot of the condos. Several times I told my husband I am so glad to be on the other end, there seemed to be alot of action on the west end.. I am going to plan my trip for next year and either try Treasure Island or go back to Sterling Beach cause I already that's a beautiful condo and we loved it!!!

Shari

Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the info Shari! I am looking at either Treasure Island, Sterling Beach, or Seychelles for next July. I like the fact that Sterling Beach only has 90 units- Treasure Island has 260. Sterling Beach is more expensive than Treasure Island though- a pretty good amount more. But, I'm sure the beach will be less crowded in front of it. How was the pool- was it pretty large?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip Report

Hey,

I thought the pool area was very nice, it was actually bigger than I thought it was. We were only at the pool for the last 2 days we were there cause I just kept going down to the beach. I thought the pool area was perfect size but when your the only 2 there your not crowded so that made it awesome!!! I can see if there was like 20 to 30 people it might be a bit crowded. As far as price I really didn't look at Treasure Islands prices but I looked on vrbo and I found one at Sterling Beach for 950.00 for the week which was the cheapest that I found for Sterling. Which also made me nervous cause you think oh gosh it's a dump. But we would definately stay at the same condo again on the 11th floor. The view was gorgeous!! Hope this helps a little!

Shari

14. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 02, 2009