We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PBC Damage Reports

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
PBC Damage Reports

I know a lot of people have questions about some of tourist areas of PBC. Here is the best report I've found so far. West side PBC in a around pier park looks ok. Go East to Panama city the damage get worse.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php…

84 replies to this topic
31. Re: PBC Damage Reports

Heard Calypso is OK.

3 posts
32. Re: PBC Damage Reports

We have booked next weekend at Chateau by the Sea but no one thete is answering phone. Does anyone know if this hotel is Pier end or east end of beach? Thank you

3 posts
33. Re: PBC Damage Reports

We have booked next weekend at Chateau by the Sea but no one thete is answering phone. Does anyone know if this hotel is Pier end or east end of beach? Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,865 posts
22 reviews
29 helpful votes
34. Re: PBC Damage Reports

I dont kn ow it, but a simple google mpas seems to make it west side of town

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chateau+By+The+Sea/@30.1921589,-85.8366946,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m7!3m6!1s0x88938eb11437becf:0x5030458dc50e35fe!5m1!1s2018-10-28!8m2!3d30.1921589!4d-85.8345059

Having said this, it could be weeks or even months before they are ready for guests in PCB. Power will be on by then most likely, and water. But food stores and restaurants etc wont all be open or up to capacity.

The fact they arent answering the phone is a major sign? Keep calling or email/facebook them.

3 posts
35. Re: PBC Damage Reports

Thank you.

1 post
36. Re: PBC Damage Reports

We have reservations at Regency Towers for last week of October - this was the response we received from the rental company today :

Sorry for this late email I have not had electric power internet access or cell phone service and have to drive 50 miles west of PCB to get Verizon service.

Panama City Beach had very little to no damage

Regency already has power and water and suffered no damage.

There is no reason to cancel the resort is just fine restaurants and everything else will be open when you are here.

The City of Panama City Beach did not experience the catastrophic damage that Panama City the city on the east side of the bridge suffered.

The condos on the beach are all OK.

The condo will be completly suitable for an enjoyable vacation.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
16 helpful votes
37. Re: PBC Damage Reports

That area of the Lower Grand Lagoon got some pretty serious damage. If you were watching The Weather Channel, the report that showed the demolished high and dry boat storage was directly across the lagoon from Capt Anderson’s.

2 posts
38. Re: PBC Damage Reports

We have reservations at Landmark Holiday Beach resort on 11-3-18 does anyone know if we should find another resort and how much damage they received?

Saint Louis...
2 posts
39. Re: PBC Damage Reports

Same for us. Is there a shortage of gas, food and water since so many people have been displaced and there are so many people in the area trying to help. Also we dont want to be in the way. I guess I may call the chamber of commerce tomorrow to see if they can direct me somewhere for answers

1 post
40. Re: PBC Damage Reports

Damage to Tropical Breeze Resort/Holiday Inn?

Reply to: PBC Damage Reports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach