We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Honeymoon

Greeneville, TN
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Panama City Honeymoon

Would like to stay in Panama City for our honeymoon since there is so much to do there. We both enjoy swimming and the beach. If the beach is too crowded at the hotel we will drive down to Mexico Beach which I have been to and love the peacefulness. Just want to stay in PC mainly because of more amenities at the various hotels. One hotel that we saw looked massive and had tons of pools and amenities - the Edgewater Beach Resort.

Just looking for some advice and opinions on what other's thought. Also like the hotels because we'd like to be fairly high up oceanfront for a good view. Any recommendations appreciated....

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

DownNDirty---Edgewater is a good choice for accommodations. Another good choice would be Holiday Inn Sunspree if you're looking for a true hotel room and not kitchen facilities. If you're wanting more a condo style place to stay then you have a TON of choices. Long Beach, Twin Palms, Majestic Towers, and many many more are available. When are you going down? If you're trying to stay away from the crowds you may want to look more on the West end of the beach or perhaps Thomas Drive. Won't be as crowded as the main part of Front Beach Rd which is where the hotels/condos I mentioned above are located.

Where is Greeneville? I'm in Gallatin which is straight up I-65 30 mins north of Nashville.

Good luck on your honeymoon planning. DH and I went for our Honeymoon there 25 yrs ago. Lots changed since then!!

Good luck!!

Karen

Greeneville, TN
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

Thanks for the reply. Greeneville is about 1 1/2 hours East of Knoxville and about 30 minutes West of Johnson City. Small town, huge county. My future father-in-law actually booked us at the Edgewater last night. I think it'll be fun and I know it will be crowded but I also know the "out" if we want a little more room to just drive down to Mexico Beach a couple of days. We will be arriving August 5th.

I guess now I'll ask if anyone that has stayed at the Edgewater before could give this ol' country guy some pointers on how the hotel is.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

D N D--- I hear Edgewater is awesome but have never stayed there. Know lots of folks that have tho. You're coming in when we;re leavng.....1/2 day of school is the 9th w/first full day the 13th. YUCK!! Summer WAY too short.

kentucky
Level Contributor
370 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

Hey Down n Dirty,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding~

Edgewater has a huge, beautiful pool area. Did your father book you through VRBO, the owners' website or did he go directly through Edgewater? I ask only because many of the units are a little older looking in terms of furnishings, carpets, decorations, etc.

If I were you, whatever unit you get, I would ask to see specific photos of the condo itself, not a general representation of a condo in that resort. That way, if you're not happy you can always switch.

Have a wonderful honeymoon and a happily ever after! :-)

Flowery Branch...
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

I would highly recommend that you do a search on www.vrbo.com at some of the newer condo resorts. Examples Majestic Towers, Calypso Towers, Emerald Beach & Boardwalk Beach Resort. I have read some really bad reviews on Edgewater being dirty & very run down. On vrbo you get to see exactly what you're getting & some of the units are beautiful & very romantic. Some 1 bedroom units have king sized beds & even have jetted garden tubs w/seperate showers. A good hotel to stay in is Legacy. It's clean, spacious ,nicely decorated & we've stayed there twice. The views are great & I think it has approx 15 floors. I think they also offer romance packages. With this being your honeymoon I wouldn't want you to drive all the way to PCB, be disappointed & not satisfied. My husband & I learned our lesson years ago at PCB Don't rent anything before seeing it first because it could be a mistake. Good luck with planning your wedding & honeymoon!!!! May you always be happy!!!!!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
41 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

You might want to try Celadon Condos They are farther down the beach and are brand new. Also try the Calypso which is also new. Both are located at the west end of the beach by Hwy 79. There are also new places to eat down that way.

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

I've stayed at the Edgewater and it's absolutely beautiful. It's clean and has great security and amenities. There are two types of Edgewater condos, though.

The first type are the rooms in the tower, facing the beach, and in those you can get pretty high up.

But the Edgewater also has condos across the street that aren't directly on the beach. They're very nice also. Each condo is individually owned so the decor varies, but I've seen several different condos at the Edgewater, and they were all very tasteful. I'd stay at the Edgewater any day and I am VERY picky about my lodging.

8. Re: Panama City Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach