We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay

macon, ga
2 posts
Save Topic
places to stay

my family and i have vacationed in pcb for years, our favorite place to stay is no longer there..pier 99 on thomas drive... we are looking for a place like that for a trip this summer...does anyone know of? would prefer oe on thomas drive, beachside and not a condo unless really cheap.thanks

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay

Hey, I am going next week to stay at the Flamingo in one of the Tower rooms, it has 2 queen beds and also a Couch in the living room that lets out into a queen bed, full kitchen, and Balcony overlooking the ocean, 2 pools and a hot tub. I will post a review when we get back. I also will not stay in a condo unless it's way cheap. I think they are really overpriced. With the things to do in PC and the beach and the pools , we don't need a frilly condo with a built in water park and stuff... But to each their own... Everyone likes something different ! Check out the Flamingo Motel

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Motel
Flamingo Motel
612 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
louisiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay

I have stayed at motels(some of the older ones that are no longer there)and sure hated to see all of them go.I have stayed at Mariner west a few times and love it.It is a small condo complex, not a high rise.It has a great family atmosphere and the prices are similar to a lot of the motels.It is On Thomas Drive also.I don't thonk there are any motels left on Thomas Drive that are beachside except the sunset INN.The rooms at Mariner west have 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in living room and 2 full bathrooms.It is hard to find a 1 bedroom condo that has 2 baths and 2 queen beds.Also The whispering seas(if they have not torn it down) is a small condo complex and the prices last year were cheap(cheaper than most motels).I have not stayed there but heard it was nice.Really do your homework on the prices because you can get a condo cheaper than a motel .Last year Mariner West was the same price as Hampton Inn and thats not even beachside.Good luck!

Ps.I think Jonis beach rentals is where I saw The whispering Seas and it was like 715 for a week.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Panama City Beach
Hampton Inn Panama City...
535 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay

dont use jonis i have heard so many bad things about that rental company use vrbo the mariners are on there you just have to take time and do a little research whats cheap? whats your budget? believe me i can find you a place within your budget (as well as others on here)

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay

We have just returned from PCB, and can highly recommend a place on Thomas Drive, although it is over the road from the beach. It was our second stay at this condo, however the owner does have other place that are beachside.

Beach access isn't far and St Andrews State Park is just at the bottom of the road. It is the second time we have stayed at St Thomas Square ( next door to Wendy's and a go kart place ) it is very quiet, has a pool and docking for a boat ( backs on to a river )

I cannont recommend this place enough, and we rent directly from the owner look at www.sarahscondos.com, I discovered this place on vrbo and find the rental reasonable and cheap later in the year. For instance it is only $390 per week 18 August - 1 March. Hope that helps

Mentioned in this post
St. Andrews State Park
St. Andrews State Park
1,667 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
St Thomas Square
St Thomas Square
50 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay

DH & I stayed at Polynesian Village on the west end of the beach about 12 yrs ago. It was nice for the $$. Had a little kitchenette in it which we liked. Might also check out Bikini Beach. I know neither one are on Thomas Dr. but they're the only 2 places I could think of that are more of what you're looking for.

Good luck,

Karen

macon, ga
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: places to stay

thanks for the info !! i heard of a motel on thomas drive, called

lolly's ... i think... anybody heard of that one?

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to stay

It is called Lollye on the Beach , I looked at the web-site, it does not show many pics and none of the pool. I do not know the rates , it says to call for them.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to stay

Try Sunset Inn they are on the beach and they have great prices. We stay there all the time. I've gone onVRBO to try and find cheaper places and Sunset Inn always beats them on Price.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Inn
Sunset Inn
294 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Panama City Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: places to stay

There is a place called Lollye on the Beach and it is right off of Thomas Drive on Surf. It is on the beach side and has really affordable rates. It seems to be one of the few mom and pop motels left on pcb.

10. Re: places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
Recent Conversations