We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from PCB

Houghton
Level Contributor
113 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from PCB

We just returned to WI after spending five weeks in PCB. This will sound like a ad for the tourist bureau, but after reading many articles in the newspaper and trip advisors columns...I think the area gets many bad raps. These are some of my observations.

1.Yes, there were many college kids around during the first 3 weeks, of March,but the large majority were well behaved along the beach.

2. There is a lot of construction of new condo's, but it's better than some of the old buildings and homes along beach road that are in dire need of repair.

3. There are many good and excellent restaurants all over the beach that are fairly priced and serve ample mealsl Captain Anderson's, Saltwater Grill, Carrera's, Calypso, Scampy's...just to name a few.

4. The fishing can be awesome, as my 4 grandchildren experienced...2-2 hour days of catching many spanish mackeral fresh from the ocean.

5. Almost everyone in PCB is friendly..

We look forward to returning next year for more of the same.

tacobill

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from PCB

Amen! And, thank you! I felt the same way when we were there in October, minus the college kids.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from PCB

I usually just to PCB in April, how the weather in October? We're going back this year in October and I figured the weather would be about the same as April, am I correct?

Indiana loves PCB!!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from PCB

I think the weather in October is about the best of the year and the Gulf is normally clear unless there is a storm going through.

South East Oklahoma
Level Contributor
184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from PCB

Tell me more about the fishing, please. We want to fish while we're there, but not sure the best (and most inexpensive) way to do it. We avid fishers here in Oklahoma, but that's just lakes and ponds.

5. Re: Just returned from PCB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 02, 2009