We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for awesome shelling

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st louis missouri
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for awesome shelling

My family and I are coming to pcb in a week and I love shelling along the beaches. Last time I was down through I wasnt finding anything significant. I would like to know where to go around panama city beach or near by location for awesome shelling. My kids love sea shells and I want to take them on a nice hunt. Any Suggestions???

atlanta
Level Contributor
63 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for awesome shelling

need to go furthur south for good shelling unfortunately, not much of any size around there..

Smyrna, TN
Level Contributor
193 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for awesome shelling

You might want to try Shell Island in St. Andrews State Park. You can either buy tickets for the island shuttle in the park or look for boats that provide day cruises that leave from the harbor in Panama City. Just remember that you need to carry everything you need on the island - no food, beverages or bathroom facilities. We have been several times and shelling is hit or miss but its still a fun way to spend a few hours.

There is a small entrance fee for St. Andrews and there is a fee for the shuttle, but I don't think either is out of line.

Its been a few years since we took one of the cruises to the island but it was fun, but crowded.

tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for awesome shelling

Hello there,

My family goes to PCB every year and we always go to a place called shell island. It is a nice 30-40 minute ride there and the same back. You will see dolphins coming and going and some pirate ships that are for familys to take a day trip out on, also you will see other types of boats. But at shell island you will find lots of nice shells. You pay....I think about ten or fifteen dollars per person. Maybe less. they feed you a nice lunch and provide drinks and fruity flavored snow-ice in cones to fhelp keep you cool. Hope that helps you out.

Rocky Top
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for awesome shelling

How are the shells around Sunrise Beach?

5. Re: Looking for awesome shelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 05, 2010