We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

Just wanted some general info on the resort, area, etc. Which building did you stay in? We have a 2BR condo. Were the pools nice, was the beach nice? Do you have to rent chairs on the beach? Grocery stores in the area? Fast food, buffet restaurants, seafood restaurants? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Things to do in the evening? Fishing trips? Any hints, etc. Thanks in advance.

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

Hey cbb1989, 4 of us girls will be there 5-28-06 / 6-04-06. I am also looking for info on stuff to do and places to eat at. Reasonable resturaunt's. Do you have any teens? We are sister moms and two older teen girls. Peggy

Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

Hey Islandgirl3!

I have also printed out many of the tips I have found on the forums page. I too am wondering if I should have gone to the caribbean. It just does not seem to be very much info on the area. Dominican Republic in Feb 2006, all-inclusive and loved every minute of it! I too am a member of Interval, traded my week in Daytona to go here, going to Mexico in October. I have a very stressful job and am looking forward to relaxing for a week. Our week is from 5/26 to 6/2, we will not arrive until Sat morning 5/27 early, work........ I guess I am going to pick up everything I can find at the airport about the area. I did go to the Palm Beach Tourist web site and they sent me a package. www.palmbeachfl.com, you can also download this info, not an option for me, dialup.

Our party is 4 women who left our husbands at home, 36, 43 and 2 in their 50's, Friends and relatives.

Hope to run into you there!

Christa in Virginia.

Mentioned in this post
Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

Hello Christa, We also went to the Dominican July of 2004. We stayed in Punta Cana. We all loved it. It was exactly what we all wanted, relaxing for myself, a little shopping for my sister and night life for the gilrs. Of course that night life lead to late nights for us moms sneaking around watching the girls to make sure they were safe. We got caught one night sittlng outside the disco waiting for them. Oh well, we all sit back and laugh at that stuff now. The food was fantastic. Eat and drink, what ever and and how much you want. (Nothing better) I hope I don't talk myself into a disappointing vacation. I will never let my sister talk me into another vacation that is NOT all-inclusive. She has no money worries, I am a single mom with two teens and live day to day. In a couple of years when my youngest daughter can be trusted by herself I'll take myself a great vacation back to our home resort in Cabo. We had the best time on the moon light cruise. It was beautiful. Talk to ya soon. You only have three days left. Have a great time. Peggy

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
4. Re: Marriott Ocean Pointe 5/27-6/2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palm Beach Shores