We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Hey, We (2 moms/2 teen girls 17&18) will be at the Marriott Ocean Pointe in Palm Springs 5/28/06 - 6/04/06 can someone give me a couple of names of nice restaurant's that are reasonable and what about buffet's? Do they have any? How about stuff for teen to do? They loved when we go to other countries so they can hang out in the disco. But in Florida that is not allowed. One more question. About how many miles to Cocoa Beach?

Thank you Peggy

Adventure Watersports
Parasailing & Paragliding, River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Reel Deal Sport Fishing
Fishing Charters & Tours
Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

There is not much in the immediate area for teenagers. In fact I would say this resort is more for adults who enjoy relaxing and going for short walks in the immediate area. The Palm Beach Shores area is probably less than 1 square mile. However, it is not a bad area to go for a walk and go to the local marina that has a nice restaurant. Do not walk in the Riveria Beach area that is just across the bridge because it is very run down. If your teenagers enjoy spending most of their time at the beach, at the pool area, or doing activities that the resort runs they may like it. If they don't, you should really go some place else because you are going to have to search out things in another area for them to do. I would suggest that you look at going to Marriott Beach Place Towers in Fort Lauderdale because there are a lot more things to do.

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

HeyTihititreat, Thank you for your responce. I would love to go somewhere else but my sister has already booked and bought airfare. My kind of vacation is all-inclusive. NOT reaching in my purse to pay for everything. I like to walk around with a drink in hand not a purse in hand. I like to eat when and how much I like and not have to cough up cash each time. Thanks again

Peggy

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Directly west of where you will be staying on the intercoastal side you will find the Sailfish Marina good food and decent prices and on Sundays they have a brunch buffet that is good $13.95.

The main road through Singer Island is either called Ocean Drive of A1A (depending if you are on the north or south end - the Palm Beach Shores Marriot is on the south end). If you take the main road north, it will eventually turn west and will be called PGA Blvd (you will pass Macarthur Beach park, worth going to and depending on the time of year they have turtle nesting viewing on the beach at night, you will then pass Lost Tree Village - very exclusive gated community Jack Welch, Jack Nicklaus live there) when you come to a shopping plaza on your right there will be a Publix grocery store and a Duffy's (Palm Beach version of a family friendly sports bar). As you come up to the intercoastal Panama Hatties and the Waterway will be on your left hand side - continue west and you will come to the Gardens Mall and next to it is Downtown at the Gardens where you will find a bunch of restaurants.

Now back to Singer Island, if you head south on A1A you will cross the Blue Heron bridge - when you get to US 1 (also called Broadway or Fed Hwy) take a left - not the greatest of neighborhoods. Go south on Broadway for about a mile and take a left on 13th and that will take you to the Riviera Beach Marina where you will find the Tiki Waterfront Sea Grille - all open air bar/restaurant. Good food - open air - live music - right next to the water. You can also rent kayaks and boats there - ask your concierge about the water taxi which you can take over to Peanut Island as well.

If you take the water taxi - have them take you downtown (West Palm Beach and have lunch at ER Bradleys - again you can sit outside across from the intercoastal) you can jump on the trolley and go to City Place to shop.

Also, ask your concierge for directions to Guanabana's in Jupiter - you will most definitely want to hit breakfast there (they also do lunch). You will end up going here more than once. It too is all outdoors right on the water. Not cheap, but certainly not expensive either. And for the mom's there is an outdoor Bar across the street and down a block called the Square Grouper, very laid back.

Let me know if you would like any further info -Sean

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Your the Best Sean, Thank you so much for all the info. I printed it out so I can refer to it as we drive. Please tell me there is a beach to walk on at the Marriott? How about drinking? Will we be able to walk around with cocktail's in tow, if they are in a travel mug? I'm use to Mexico and The Dominican vacation's were anything goes. Talk to ya soon. Thanx again Peggy

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Okay, I've got a great idea for you, and no this isn't a scam, typo or joke. Every summer the South Beach Group (they own some boutique style hotels in South Beach) have this unbelievable deal. Here is the link cut and paste it to your browser:

http://southbeachgroup.com/tz1/

They just started their deal and you can get rooms on Tuesday nights for $15, and on top of it the hotel has a free happy hour from 7p-8p. Most of their hotels are a block and a half from the beach. With decent traffic you could be there in an hour and 15 minutes. Your girls could hang out there all day Tue & Wed and you will look like an all-star.

Gotto go, I will give you some more info later.

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Thank you but we have a time share through Interval International, our home base is Cabo but we wanted to try something different this year so that's why we picked Florida. My self I would have stayed in the Mexico, Carribean area for the all-inclusive but my sister is a shopper. I am deffenently NOT. All the girls care about is partying so I hope they find some people to hook up with. I know what I forgot to ask, Is there a Jewel grocery store near the Marriott or any reasonable priced food store?

Thank again Peggy

Pegtuch@hotmail.com

Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Islandgirl13

I am a Marriott owner and I can tell you that this resort is not a party resort. This is as a family resort and I don't think you will find the staff very receptive to people walking around drinking and partying. Most of the owners at this resort are over 40 and a lot are retirement age. It's a beautiful upscale resort and one can have an enjoyable relaxing vacation, but if you are looking to party you really should try to do a re-trade and go to Fort Lauderdale or South Beach you will have a much better time.

If you looking for upscale shopping go to Worth Ave. in Palm Beach. This is where all the rich and famous live and shop. They have night clubs there as well, but it is very expensive. In addition, the beach area in Palm Beach is the best beach in the area. If you go there, you must drive south along ocean drive in Palm Beach and you will see the homes of billionares. This is where people like Donald Trump, The Kennedy's, and many movie stars own homes.

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

In the prior message I mentioned Publix, this is our version of Jewel. Also, I forgot to mention the Rum Bar - outdoor Tiki bar that is attatched to Panama Hattie's (good place to go for drinks).

Your daughters aren't going to find much partying (if any) on Singer Island - though young locals head here to surf when there are waves. You really aren't going to find much of anything on Singer Island - it is mostly a condo, snow-bird, retirement crowd but if you have a car there is a lot to do close by.

For shopping there is the Gardens Mall that I mentioned before, City Place near downtown, and then of course Worth Ave on Palm Beach Island (the Rodeo Drive of the east coast). Over on Palm Beach the drive along Ocean Drive is nice - home of the rich (not so many of the famous, they can't afford to live here) though Jimmy Buffet bought early enough he lives @ 540 S Ocean and Ivana Trump has a place a few blocks down then of course Donald Trump's club Mar-a-Lago.

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Roonhpo, Thank you so much for the info. OK now I get it Publix is a grocery store. Gardens mall is it pretty easy to find from Marriott's Ocean Pointe resort? I really hope I don't run into Donald with the wind blowing, it would be so discusting to see his plastered down hair that he pull's up from the back all flopping in the wind. Ewwww. I think my girls will just have to find something to do or someone to hang out with. I'm just not cool enough to hang out with, my type of fun is lounging on the beach, site seeing and my sister's is shopping which doesn't sound fun to the girls. Oh well, in a couple of year's they can go on there own vacation. We leave in 4 days. Yahooie....

Thank you again for the info. Peggy

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant's near Marriott's Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach...

Islandgirl,

Did you enjoy your stay at the Marriott? We will be leaving in a couple of weeks to stay in that area. My sister will be staying at the Marriott and I will be staying at the Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villa. I have been reading mixed reviews about each location and was wondering if you had some input?

Thanks,

Michelle

Get answers to your questions about Palm Beach Shores