We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

2 moms / 17 yr old and 18 yr old daughters headed to Merriot Ocean Point May 28th - June 4th. Anyone with teens staying there around that time? How about resturaunt's? Are there any with buffet's close? We like a buffet brunch and a good late supper. We heard there is a Cheese cake factory near, please tell me this is true and how far away? Any other info would be greatly appriciated. How about car rental, is it a good idea? About how far away is Coco beach? Thank you Peggy

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

Greekmom and islandgirl, we will be headed to Ocean Pointe in November (6 adults and 3 kids, 5,6&7yrs). Is there snorkeling at the hotel or do you need to travel a distance to find it? Any other activities you can recommend- I don't mind traveling to Lauderdale or Miami one day if necessary.

Hixson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

My 20 year old and ffriend went snorkling right off of the beach - one day was fine, the other after the rain was not as good. You can take a boat from the marina to Peanut Island, which is suppose to be good for snorkeling.

Go don A1A towards Trump's place. I think it ends up near Boca Raton. Wished we had more time to travel there, but my kids love the beach. So many incredible estates! Expensive shops and restaurants.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

Do you sign up at the hotel for the snorkeling or is there a place on the beach? Also are there other excursions available nearby. Thanks for the info.

Hixson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

I saw the information in a brochure in the lobby. The people working the front desk were as helpful as they could be, and there is a consieirge's desk unafiliated with the Marriott complex. Of course, this isn't a hotel, so things work differently here. We didn't consult the consieirge desk so I couldn't speak for them, but I'm sure they could help you for a fee. I would ask at the desk and call the marina. Have fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

Thanks for your help. My parents invited the whole family to go away with them and use their timeshares and we are spread out over 3 units. Looks like there is not a whole lot to do there, but relax. I'm sure our kids will enjoy the beach, but I was just trying to find something to do to break up the week. We are so used to running around with the kids on vacation and this will be a little different. I read your previous posts and found much of your information helpful. Thanks again.

Newport News, VA
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

Islandgirl...

Understand your desire for all-inclusives but I personally feel that you miss way too much of the vacation experience by doing so. To me, I equate that to going to the local Golden Coral every night to eat. You can have something different each night but in the end it's all the same and you've missed so much local colour which can really make the vacation fun and interesting.

We LOVED the local restaraunts and bars in and around Singer Island while staying at Ocean Pointe. The Sailfish Marina had great food. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I's also a fun place to just hang around with all the huge fish swimming around the docks and watching the boats come in with their catch from the day. We also enjoyed eating at Coconuts on the Beach at the Hilton. Prices were quite reasonable. Another local favorite was Johnny Longboats. We had heard that you can bring your own lobsters in to be cooked there and they will only charge you $5 to cook the lobsters, add two sides, and serve them to you. WHAT A DEAL. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had was at a little hole-in-the-wall called Max and Eddies. This is a small Italian restaurant that had incredible food and service. All-in-all we had one of the better vacations ever and in reality we would never have had to take a step off of Singer Island. Cheers.

17. Re: Anyone headed to the Marriot Ocean Point resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 24, 2009