We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ground transportation

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
ground transportation

need transportation from palm bay to orlando airport

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: ground transportation

There are shuttle services but I believe they charge close to $100 one way. You could probably rent a car cheaper. It's about 1 hour to the airport. I am assuming you mean the city of Palm Bay on the Atlantic Coast and not the resort on the gulf coast?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: ground transportation

i thought of that but there is my issue of getting to a rental place in palm bay on the atlantic coast

btw the cost of a shuttle service is $55.00 but they dont operate for the time of my flight departure-- a private car service will give me door to door for $115.00

will look into a rental

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: ground transportation

I think you have some confusion on the city vs the resort. You have posted this on the city of Palm Bay forum which is 3 hours from the gulf coast. It is not on the water but inland and not a resort town. I believe the Palm Bay you might be looking for is in Siesta Key on the gulf coast. Palm Bay resort or Palm Bay club? I'm just trying to say you are on a forum that is 3 hours from the gulf coast. Hope this helps, I'm glad you found transportation but you might want to make sure its to the correct Palm Bay.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
4. Re: ground transportation

no confusion on my part --- the palm bay i refer to is just south of melbourne

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: ground transportation

Ok, thats near where I live. I have had other posters confusing this location with a resort on the gulf coast. I just wanted to make sure you had the right place.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
6. Re: ground transportation

im good and l checked as per your suggestion and found out that enterprise will pick me up at my sons house and i can get the car for about 1/2 of the car service to orlando airport (which i though was my only option) and i can now make the flights of my choice without a problem

thanks

Edited: 10:39 am, December 29, 2014
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: ground transportation

Next time just fly in /out of Melbourne airport. Its about $100 more than going to Orlando but by the time you pay for car hire or gas to / from it makes it worth it. Glad you got it worked out.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
84 reviews
8. Re: ground transportation

jumped on your idea of melbourne as the airport of choice --- just checked it out against my flights -- its much more then 100 bucks and the really bad part is 2 airport plane changes and almost 12 hrs each way

will check it out next trip ------------thanks for your help

if you ever decide to come to the beautiful northwest --oregon specifically --- dont forget to ask me for suggestions

Edited: 3:23 pm, December 29, 2014
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
9. Re: ground transportation

Yeah coming from Oregon may make a big difference. Usually those coming from the north like New York can fly in here with only 1 plane change and reasonable rates. I would love to visit your area one day. Hear its beautiful out there. I have cousins who live in Manmouth.

Reply to: ground transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palm Bay