We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment around Palatka Fl

Which Palatka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pensacola, Fl
1 post
Save Topic
Entertainment around Palatka Fl

I have a job opportunity at the local Paper Co, and was wondering, if i relocated to that area, what are my entertainment choices? Having searched the local Palatka pages, I know that's it small town . Fishing, hunting etc. Was wondering what's really close by other than Jax which seems to be a 1 hour drive.

Thanks for for any info

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment around Palatka Fl

You should post this on the Jax or St. Augustine forum. Those are the closest cities and maybe someone will be helpful from up that way.

palm coast
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment around Palatka Fl

I lived in floridasince 1986, i lived in palm coast most of those years moving to putnam county alittle over a year ago,,,well there isnt much to do here and everything is an hour away. Going to Wal- mart is always great fun as you never know what you will see there,, lot of folks around here are very very country!!!(scary)

GOOD LUCK IN PALATKA !!!!!!!

Palatka
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment around Palatka Fl

Do yourself a favor and and keep going. There's little to do and it's safest to stay home. There's nothing more important than protecting your family and, with a corrupt Police Dept. and City officials who seem to want to conceal that to avoid lawsuits, you're better off somewhere else.

Education is ranked as one of the lowest in Florida, the poverty level is one of the highest, drug use and related violent acts are rampant, and juvenile crime rips this city apart. There are at least four known gangs in this tiny town.

In Palatka 1 out of 53 people will become a victim of crime (www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/palatka/crime).

Palatka ranks 11th for least safe cities in the nation (www.city-data.com/top27.html). Please check this site for more info. They rated Palatka @ 921.8 while the U.S. average is 320.9.

I'm so sorry I ever moved here and the only reason I stay is because the collapsed housing market keeps me tied down.

4. Re: Entertainment around Palatka Fl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Palatka