We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in june

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
what to do in june

We are staying in ormond beach for a long weekend with 4 grandkids, 8 to 4 yrs. What besides the ocean,pool and putt putt would you suggest for activities? I don't think the water park is set up for little ones.

janines

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in june

The Boardwalk at Daytona has fairground rides. The pier will be open when you come.

Go down to Ponce Inlet for the lighthouse and the Marine Centre.

I haven't been to the water park yet but I am sure your child will have fun there.

Diana

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
98 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in june

The waterpark would be great for them! Lots of stuff for kids their age!

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in june

Actually Daytona Lagoon has plenty for the little tikes to do. They have a special area where the water is only ankle deep. The lazy river is fun too.

The Museum of Arts & Sciences has a new Children's wing. Check out www.moas.org

The boardwalk area has arcade rides for the little ones as well.

Don't forget the free concerts at the Bandshell and fireworks show every Saturday night in the summertime!

Edited: 3:30 pm, May 22, 2012
Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do in june

Thanks to all fot the suggestions.

Janines

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
743 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do in june

I read that you can see the manatee at Tomaks State Park? Can you see them in June? What time of day?

thanks,

janines

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do in june

Manatees are everywhere in the summertime! You will even see them in the ocean. They also "hang out" at boat ramps and the piers on the Intracoastal Waterway and the beaches. Yes, you'll see them at the Tomoka State Park as there is alot of shallow water in that area.

(Great spot to fish and go crabbing too.)

7. Re: what to do in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 pm, July 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach