We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Things to do

Austell, Georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
Fun Things to do

I am taking a family of 6 to Ormond Beach for a week in September and need some ideas of what is there to do and what nice places are their to eat. It will be me and my wife (age 31), two little girls (4 and 2) and my parents (58). My dad and wife will be celebrating their birthday too so I want to make it fun and special for all.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Things to do

Hi there

I come to Ormond Beach twice a year and have a house there. I love it.

The beach is child friendly especially down towards Ponce Inlet where the beach is wide with sugar soft sand and the sea is shallow for quite a way.

I have done a few Trip Reports which set out the type of things we got up to but we don't have kids.

There is a lovely pier up in nearby Flagler Beach which has people fishing if the kids want to see the fishes.

There is a lighthouse in Ponce Inlet whereby you can go up to the top of all those stairs.

There is a Marine Centre down there too which the kids will love.

Daytona Beach has a lovely renovated boardwalk and there are some fair rides there including a big wheel. There is also the Daytona Lagoon which is a water park.

A day trip to St Augustine would be nice too.

Lots of places to eat including Charley Horse, TGI Fridays, Peach Valley Cafe, in Ormond Beach, The Golden Lion in Flagler. There is a new place called the Black Sheep that we haven't been in yet - that might be good. Our Deck Down Under, Crabby Bills, Inlet Harbour. All nice places to eat.

Take a look at my TRs and see if anything takes your fancy

Diana

Austell, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Things to do

Thanks Diana for your suggestions. I mainly want to just enjoy the beach, however having some other forms of entertainment would be nice in case of a rainy day. Thank you for the eatery suggestions. We won't eat out too much, however we like to try more local eateries and since we are near the water we definitely want to get some fresh good seafood.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Things to do

Whatever you do you will enjoy yourself. Also try Betty's restaurant on the A1A in Ormond by the Sea.

There are lots of places that do seafood.

There are Farmer's Markets in Ormond and Daytona too.

Let me know how your holiday goes and do a trip report you you can - it gets lonely on this forum ;-)

Diana

Austell, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Things to do

What is your favorite seafood restaruant. I am a shrimp guy but I also love fish. I will do a report once I come back. I am not scheduled to go until late September.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Things to do

There is a place called Hulls Seafood that is highly rated by everyone including the locals.

Have a look on the Daytona forum as there might be some good fish restaurants there too.

Di

Charlottesville VA
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Things to do

At least two state parks bear consideration. Tomoka State Park is right there at Ormond Beach and has state-designated canoe/kayak trail (rentals available) in addition to the usual state park facilities. Another state park close enough to be worth the drive is DeLeon Springs State Park. It has a nice swimming area and paddle boat rentals available to enjoy the springs, but the highlight is cook-it-yourself pancake breakfast at the mill restaurant there. (The griddle is built right into the table!) In the winter, there usually are manatees in the area below the dam forming the swimming area around the springs, but I doubt they'll be there when you are.

Edited: 4:36 pm, August 23, 2011
Austell, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Things to do

Thank you for the recommendations. We plan to primarily enjoy the beach, however we may want to do a little exploring of the area. Where can you fish at??

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
689 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun Things to do

Golf (regular golf and mini golf), Tennis, and Bowling are other options for the family.

9. Re: Fun Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, September 20, 2013
10. Re: Fun Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach