We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Animal Disease

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Orlando Animal Disease

I heard that several kids were diagnosed with a rare kidney disease after petting animals at Fairs etc.. But what bothers me the most it's in Orlando, and a lot of people have been diagnosed with that. Now I'm scared/not sure whether to go or not..

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Animal Disease

The last I had heard is that all the kids had been to petting zoos associated with county fairs, but they are not sure and it may have been some sort of food contaminate.

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Animal Disease

Yes it got me worried as well after reading it in the 'Orlando Sentinal' on line. They say some of the kids are in a bad way. Hope they are all ok soon,

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Animal Disease

Please, dont let this negative news stop you from coming to Orlando. The Orlando/Orange County Health Department ( http://www.orchd.com ) as well as local hospitals are working very hard to address this issue and take appropriate measures to put a plug to this unusual disease. Keep in mind you can fully protect yourself from any risk of getting this disease by simply washing your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap immediatly after you touch any animals.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Animal Disease

Here is an informative press diesease by the Florida Childrens Hospital in Downtown Orlando:

floridachildrenshospital.com/about/…

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Animal Disease

Don't worry orlandohelper, my son and myself will be there for 2 weeks from 7th April and cant wait! Lets just hope these kids are ok.