We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Hi, we are doing a 2 centre holiday between N.Y. and Orlando in May. Shopping wise where is the best value? I have heard there are some great outlet stores in Orlando and also New York but don't want to spend too much time in the shops so would like to do it in just one centre. Any advice?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Well, Orlando has lots of giant outlet centers where you can get brand name merchandise at discount prices. The main outlet centers are the following:

- Belz Factory Outlets ( http://www.belz.com )

- Orlando Premium Outlets ( http://www.premiumoutlets.com )

- Belz Designer Outlet Centre ( http://www.belz.com )

There are a few more but these are the major ones. Some designers have thier own factory outlet stores such as Nike Factory Outlet store. Even if you are looking strictly for factory outlet stores I recommend you visit the Mall at Millenia just north off International Drive on Conroy Road, its the newest mall in Central Florida and its really nice just keep in mind its an upscale mall so dont expect low prices. hope this info. helped. Enjoy your vacation.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

hi there

having just returned from long weekend in

n.y. i would say leave shopping for orlando.

nothing wrong with n.y. shops its just that you may need to travel out to woodbury common for real bargains or you can try century21. [but gets really mobbed so youfeel you cant breathe]. stick to orlando premium outlets for a good bargain or mall at millenia if you're looking for more upmarket.

whichever you decide make sure you wear

comfy shoes & enjoy.

sharon

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Having been to both places, i'd say it's must easier to get from mall to mall in Orlando. As the previous poster said, you have to travel quite far to get to the nearest outlet mall near NYC - Woodbury Commons in NJ. So i'd definately say do all of your major shopping in Orlando. The I ride trolley will take you to Belz and Preminum Outlets and the number 42 Lynx bus will take you to Florida Mall.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Having been to both places, i'd say it's must easier to get from mall to mall in Orlando. As the previous poster said, you have to travel quite far to get to the nearest outlet mall near NYC - Woodbury Commons in NJ. So i'd definately say do all of your major shopping in Orlando. The I ride trolley will take you to Belz and Preminum Outlets and the number 42 Lynx bus will take you to Florida Mall.

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlet shopping Orlando or New York?

Thank you all for your advice. Orlando it is. Can't wait.