We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - Alamo brits

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car hire - Alamo brits

Hi we're driving from Miami to Orlando. I've booked with Alamo Brits before. Was going to book with them again as we're travelling from Miami and got to drive through the tolls so we need the sun pass ( I think that's the name). Do we have to hire this separately or does it just get added to your bill when you hand in the car? Also, do I now need to show them a copy of the Brits guide book? Never been asked for it before. Many thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

It's already in the Alamo cars you don't sign up to anything the first toll that you pass through automatically triggers you accepting the toll package, the most it will cost you is around $20 plus any tolls

You should always have a copy of the book there's no way of knowing if and when you will be asked to show it

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Thanks for your help. Will book with Alamo and buy the book.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Hi, try search engines skyscanner, travel supermarket as recommended by Martin Lewis money site. I have found Alamo Car hire, much cheaper on here than Alamo Brits, with Alamo through Netflights. Worth a look as saving over £50 for the same hire.

Gomersal, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

My car hire was about £65 cheaper Booking Alamo through VA.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Thank you - I've checked Alamo through netflights and it is 10 pounds cheaper - this includes collision damage waiver , loss damage waiver , theft protection insurance, supplemental liability ins, taxes , zero excess, 24 hour mechanical breakdown, airport surcharge , one way rental fee. Is that everything I need? Thanks v much

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Your welcome, if you want to double check the cover is the same, just go on the Alamo website, think it's the fully inclusive one. It was exactly the same cover as Alamo, and Alamo Brits.

Richard214, I tried VA and they came out dearer than searching but we're cheaper than Alamo Brits.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
84 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

I used Discount florida car hire uk

Cheapest i could track down and will supply sst nav 15 pound if reqd

They deal wjth all major hire companies

Edited: 11:53 am, July 25, 2016
Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Remember that booking through most 3rd parties usually means you can't do the online check and go straight to the garage. Do your homework if you want to book with Alamo though a 3rd party and go straight to the garage.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

I had my confirmation from Netflights this evening for my Alamo Car hire, and went straight to Alamo online check in entered my confirmation reference minus the letters just the numbers and I'm all checked in and no need to go to the kiosk, so no probs with 3rd party agent in this case. So great saving on Alamo Brits price and able to use check in too, bonus.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire - Alamo brits

Even better deal is to go through Quidco to get cashback, book Alamo with Netflights and you can still do OLCI too.