We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Cant decide whether it is worth upgrading dining plan? Difference in price is 252€ for a week which essentially gives a table service meal instead of quick service each day and does give a greater choice of restaurents.

What is the food quality in the quick service dining plan? Is it buffet style?

Would be grateful for your help and opinions!thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

We upgraded last year from QS to DDP as we had lots of character breakfasts and lunches booked (our first time in Florida!). We found that we spend ALOT of money on tips at every Table Service meal so you must factor this in when making your choice.

We went back this year and decided NOT to upgrade this time as we found the QS meals very acceptable (it's not all buffets no, it's McDonalds/Burger King-esque type food where you order from the large menus above the tills then wait for your order then find a table). With not having to tip at QS joints we had a lot more money to spend on other things.

pa
Level Contributor
55,110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Add up what you think you may spend for Table Sercice meals and compare the upgrade cost, there are lots of very nice table service restaurants to enjoy but many find lots of great quick service options as well

wdwinfo.com/…2016ddp

New London...
Level Contributor
613 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

There are some amazingly good QS restaurants at WDW. They offer many many choices other than "fast" food, burgers and fries.

Disney Food Blog does a great job comparing choices. there are also articles about weather to upgrade etc. It's a great site!

Recommended

uk
Level Contributor
479 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

I would stick with the free plan. Eat in epcot and wolfgang puck express and spend the money you save on a couple of nice table service meals including tip. Maybe even offsite.

New London...
Level Contributor
613 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

disneyfoodblog.com/2012/…comments

Sorry the link didn't copy in my previous post!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,035 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

None of the counter service restaurants are buffets. The food quality varies greatly ; we like Sunshine Seasons at Epcot,Columbia Harbour House at MK,Flame Tree Barbecue at AK. AT HS-bring a granola bar. Check the menus at www.allears.net. I wouldn't bother to upgrade;Disney is not exactly a foodie paradise and the table service meals can take up a lot of time. And in the parks,time is money

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,241 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Also consider if you'll go off site to universal, shopping, etc., if yes then you may eat off site those days. I would stick with the free plan :)

Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Thanks for all your replys!

I was just worried that QS would be all fast food and not particularly healthy, don't mind few days of fast food but not a week.

I actually didn't factor in the tipping at table service,this I think will add considerable cost to my trip,was initially staying in value resort but decided to stretch to moderate Port Orleans Riverside.

So QS it is!

pa
Level Contributor
55,110 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

POR is great

wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/…

Plenty of choice on the quick service plan. If you find a table service you want to try, just pay out of pocket, then you'll know for "Next Time" 😉

Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney quick service dining or upgrade??

Yes you are right, might do a couple table service meals maybe at one of the night shows or character meals and just pay separately.

Just one question to add regards the snack credit. Do you get a choice of various snacks. When we went to disneyland Paris our snack choice was poor, either a doughnut or small magnum ice cream. We went in March so cold and ice cream didn't appeal, we soon got sick of sugar doughnuts although they were very nice!