We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

I saw someone that had asked about this company/person back in 2012, but nothing recently. I saw one person posted a complaint on Ripoff Report on this one and this is not a BBB accredited business. F Rating because they did not respond to 3 complaints filed by consumers. Looks a little suspicious because the 7 bedroom suite we are looking at Emerald Island Resort has 5 star ratings consistently, which looks a little suspicious to me. We have a $300 deposit down and the rest is due on June 1. Supposed to pay Clement Ng in Lake Mary, FL and I would rather lose $300 than $2,000. So has anyone stayed at one of the homes listed at Sweet Home Vacation? IS this legit?

Mentioned in this post
Lake Mary
Lake Mary
Florida
18 replies to this topic
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

PS - yes I did use my search on this first before posting, but it was either old or no responses. When you search the Osceola Assessor page, the owner is not listed as Clement Ng, but Wu Fan and Li Danquing. When you search by name, they only own this one property in Osceola County. Clement Ng does not own any.

Clermont, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

I rented a home in Champions Gate Retreat that is own by Clement Ng. This home address is 1403 Thunderbird road Davenport fl. The company was Sweet Home Vacation home. The company nor the owner didn't take time to secure the property so that my family and I could feel safe at this home. This glass door doesn't lock and the only thing that is holding this door close it a child lock that when you pull the door open you can take something from the outside and push the lock open and you are inside. There no privacy at all in the home down stairs. all the blends are gone and not replace, The window on the patio and the chairs on the patio is full of mildew. There are no lights in the pool at night. I have call to report that the bed was broken, the bathroom tub was clog, no light in the pool, no blends at the glass door, the entrance at the front door was dirty and the only thing was fix for the 7 days I was there was the broken bed that's it. To feel safe at this home for the 7 days I was there with my family was to jam the glass door with a chair and a knife holder to keep it jam. I had to put a sheet at the glass door so that I can have privacy at this home. I personal would not rent from this company again nor the owner.

Mentioned in this post
Davenport
Davenport
Central Florida, FL
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,371 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Sweet Home Vacation Rental looks 100% legit, they have a physical address and local phones instead of an 800 number only, but the trouble is the address and phone are in Richmond, British Columbia and they work West Coast hours, 8:30AM PST (11:30AM in Orlando) is when they open.

https:/…Contact_Us.aspx

For me, even though I think they are legit, I would rather work with one of the dozen local property managers with Orlando/Kissimmee offices. I also prefer working with property managers vs the owner direct.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

We rented 1413 Thunderbird Rd. thru SweetHome rentals. The house was NOT what we thought it would be. Pictures are deceiving. There were roaches in kitchen and upstairs bathroom. Carpets were stained and looked like they had not been cleaned. One of the recliners in movie room was broken. Pool was dirty when we arrived. A pool man came to clean it but he couldn't find remote to get jacuzzi to work. There was a tear in the pool safety gate. There was so much sand on the pool deck it kept tracking into the house. The game room was not as it was presented in the listing. It was not air conditionined. The air hockey game did not work and it had exposed wires that were taped together under the game. There were no darts with the dart board. The stool top fell off as soon as you touched. Many lights in the house did not work including the pool light and the uplighting in the kitchen. The coffee pot had a hole in the glass!! Someone could have cut their finger. The end of one of the beds was broken. There were scuff marks on many walls and hole behind door where door knob has hit. The carpets were so dirty that we didn't feel comfortable unless we wore our shoes. Many of us slept with lights on to keep away the roaches. We were so upset with the amount of money we paid for the two night stay that we drove the 45 minute round trip to complain to the agent where we checked in. They told us Sweet Home rental owned the house. It was listed as a brand new house. We paid for 5 Star accommodations and maybe received a 2 Star home. We complained to SweetHome and sent pictures. It has been 5 business days and we have not heard a word from them! Just terrible business! My next letter will be to the BBB.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

When people book vacation homes they want to relax and enjoy there time with the family. This has been the complete opposite since our arrival. The property access info that was sent to me didn't include the community gate information, therefore upon our arrival on the 22nd we didn't have that access code and couldn't enter the property by car. We had to walk for 15 minutes with 4 sleeping kids. This was not the way we envisioned our vacation to start! Then we walk I to the property to discover the house is warm and that the air conditioning won't lower below 76, the property handbook when you walk into home clearly states it can be set to as low as 74, and the thermostat won't go below 76 ( we were told that they lock it so guest can't lower). This is very uncomfortable. Next we check the rooms to discover 2 full beds instead of queen beds as sold to us upon booking. The bunk bed was very unstable and couldn't allow my children in the top bunk. The doorknob to that room was super loose, falling apart. There weren't any waste baskets in any bathrooms. The bathroom in the king bedroom upstairs has the water backwards, the hot was cold and vice versa. There wasn't a blender and some other basic house appliances. We found roaches in many rooms. The customer service was horrible, we called to complain, they said someone would come out the next day...in the 5 says they never showed up! HORRIBLE!

Clearly this home is unacceptable to our standards and the standards that were promised on your website.

This was a disaster since the beginning. We will never use you again!

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Read through this thread and searched for others. About to book a rental and wanted to check in about this company as all six properties we are considering happen to be owned by the same company. Anyone want to post one final "don't do it" reply before I make a decision? Thank you!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Don't do it....

👍

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

I just rented this villa! Did they ever answer you about your concerns?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Glad I found this thread, was considering one of their villas for our July stay. I have left it late and am struggling to find a villa in our price range. Back to the drawing board.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?

Sweet home vacation is a SCAM!!!!!! We rented a house in Kissimmee Fl. When i called about early check in they told me that the house we was suppose to get was damaged. The guy that i spoke with "CASEY" said they upgraded us to a different home. I had family drive all the way from Arkansas. We paid 80 dollars for early check in. When we got to the house they gave us the code to get in. The alarm went off and the police came. We called the property manager and he told us the house was not even up to rent as a "vacation home "... long story short we went through IPG homes and they gave us a home beacuse they felt so sorry for us. When i called and told them that they gave us the wrong house they were not even apologetic!!!! Sweet home vacation needs to be shut down FOR GOOD!!!! NEVER RENT FROM THEM!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Reply to: Sweet Home Vacation Rental - Legit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted