We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
car rental

Can anyone give me tips on car rental. It seems to be very expensive. Payless seems to be the best price for a full size car with a toddler seat for around $300. I'm not familiar with Payless. I wonder what the catch is.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Dollar or Budget Look for promo codes

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

try the promo codes on www.mousesavers.com, they seem to give pretty good discounts.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Contact Alamo and Dollar etc and ask for any emails deals also join their frequent users clubs it will help to speed up check in.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

I got a wonderful price by calling Thrifty directly. They are located a shuttle bus ride away, but since that is the case in many places I travel (Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, countless others) I did not think it was a big deal.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Say no to shuttle bus. You can find competitive rates on airport property. With a young one you don't need to be handling luggage any more than necessary.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

BostonTom, I couldn't find anything CLOSE to the price I got with Thrifty - 9 full days (Feb 23-March 4), mid-size car, $186 including all taxes and fees (no insurance, we have our own). Seriously, everything else was at least $100 more.

But I can see where the shuttle bus would be a pain with a small child.

More and more airports are expanding their terminals, etc., and more and more car rentals are being moved off-site. I think it's just something we'll all have to get used to.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,543 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental

The codes on mousesavers are great. You might also want to try Priceline-I've done very well there,check www.biddingontravel first.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental

Warmwinds I rented a convertible using a dollar promo code for $249 per week. You have to look harder or just be willing to get on the bus. I would never take a shuttle at MCO there way too many options.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car rental

BostonTom...I got $186 for 9 days, you got $246 for 7 - not sure why you think you got a better deal. I don't want a convertible.

I'm arriving 5 pm Feb 23, leaving 9 am March 4 - if you know of a better deal than $186 for a midsize all in (every tax and fee) then I would be very appreciative.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car rental

Convertible, you see, is usually much more expensive than a mid-size. I won"t do your homework.Enjoy the shuttle.