We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Monarch airlines

Dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Topic
Flying with Monarch airlines

Hi

I am travelling to Orlando for the second time and after the first time I am anxious about the flight. We were due to fly with air Iceandic and got changed last minute to Aviajet the plane was so old & smelt, staff very rude and seats really crampt.

This time I am going with Monarch Airlines and have read a few bad reviews would appreciate and information anyone can provide

thanks

Ais

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

I don't think that Monarch flies to Orlando. Here is a link to the airlines that serve MCO

www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/airlines.htm

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Pat, I'm prertty sure Monarch flies to the Sanford Airport , which also services Orlando and tends to be the one where most of the flights from Great Britan go. For those of us who recall Sanford as a sleepy little place that was famous for the Auto Train, this was a surprise. It's further from the tourist part of Orlando of course, but is getting pretty busy and well known- and as far as most folks from Great Britan are concerned that is Orlando too, so people have to be careful to note which airport they mean when referring to Orlando.

I had that problem many years ago when I took a shuttlebus to what I thought was going to be National Airport ( Now Reagan) in DC and ended up at BWI in Baltimore!

swansea, south wales
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Monarch fly to orlando sanford. we flew with thwm in september. dont want to put you off but it was awful. 2 hour delay on the way out, not too bad. but 11 hour delay on the way back. given $8 food voucher each and did'nt see a rep during the wait. the only explanation was that the plane was still on the run way in cardiff when we checked in.

food was terrible especially on the way back as it had been waiting as long as we had. 313 on the way out which had a bit more leg room than the 312 on the way back but not much.

i have written to complain but as off yet have had nothing back but a curtosiy letter saying they are investigating.

Fort Lauderdale, FL...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Opps. Sorry about that. I think that in the US I am just used to going to the cities that Southwest Airlines serve.

belfast
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Hi AisM, we flew with monarch this july from dublin to sanford, and sorry to say I have to agree with sian it was just awful, no leg room at all, 5 hour delay out of dublin (they had no cabin crew) and 3 hour delay on the way back. This flight was to be direct but stopped of in shannon on the way home which we were not informed.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
396 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

hi polly! My Monarch memories from last July still haunt me - terrible leg room, awful food, cramped aircraft, hours of delay - not good memories at all I'm afraid! Only good thing I can say is they do fly direct from Dublin to Sanford. On way back they stop at Shannon but it was'nt too long. Hope you have better luck than us!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Hi Limerick, long time no see : ) Happy New Year ♥

( This could turn into " The Class of 20006 " , just need Carla, lol )

AisM, Have to agree with the rest of the gang,have had better flights to Orlando, but as I'm sure you know we are very limited here ( Ireland ), in our choices of airlines to Orlando, I think the delays are their biggest fault, then the cramped seating, as for the food, I never depend on airline food, bring some snacks with you. : ) 48

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

hmm, 2006, lol

belfast
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

Hi limericklady long time no read, memories of july were are the rest of the july gang miss yous all.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
396 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying with Monarch airlines

happy new year polly and 48 and all the gang of July 2006! Hard to believe we now have to plan 2007 holidays all over again but I still have great memories of Orlando 07/06! Where ye all off to this year I wonder?

Get answers to your questions about Orlando