We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
122 reviews
Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

I'm heading to the Citrus bowl game on Dec.29. Can anyone recommend a hotel, close to active night life, (i.e. Bars). Not intersted in Disney parks. College kids. Won't have a car. Taxi's to get around. thanks for quick replies.

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
1. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

My first recommendation is to NOT get a hotel near the Citrus Bowl. It is not the best area of town. If you will be around just for that weekend with no car.... The downtown Orlando area might be your best best. There are quite a few bars and night activities geared toward people of your age group and the taxi ride to the Bowl won't be that expensive. The hotel I would in that area is the Westin Bohemian.

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
241 posts
122 reviews
2. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

Thanks RnToTravel. Any suggestions on hotels slightly cheaper in that area? Under $150 a night? Thanks

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

The westin grand bohemian springs to mind. it is within walking distance to this area:

wall street, orange ave, central ave and church street area.

You want to stay as downtown as possible.

You are going to want to be as close to these places as possible. You do not want to stay near the bowl, its the bad area of town and not close to the bars.

Taxi's will cost to get you to the bowl that game day. You might want to contact maryland's alumni organization to see where they are putting up the fans. every shcool takes control over a hotel and provides "deals" There may be a shuttle from that hotel to the bowl.

I would get a private car (i know expensive, but a taxi will be too most likely i would talk to you hotel's staff about it as soon as you get in, you cannot walk from a hotel to stay near the bars to the bowl. buses are not good in our city not at all.

I'm an FSU student and I can give you more info... stand by....

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

www.orlandocomfortsuites.com/directions.htm

Might want to check them. not within walking disntace to bars but cheaper.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

There is courtyard marriott downtown. i would seriously look into that.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

anywhere that say within blocks or .5 mile of chruch street. i would look at travelocity, orbitz, expedia... etc.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,358 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

In the past I have stayed in a Marriott Downtown that was not a Courtyard- it was just called the Downtown Marriott and was across from where the Magic basketball team played. There are several other cheaper hotels near there , but they are not nice and the neighborhood changes drastically a few blocks away ( homeless shelters etc) Unless things have changed a great deal, be careful what you choose and read reviews carefully. The Westin Bohemia is the most expensive by far, so you might be able to get a reasonable and safe room at the Marriott ( three stars in the Mobil Guide)

florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
8. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

Scroll down to Downtown Orlando on this page:

…ezboard.com/…

There is only one hotel for each star category in downtown Orlando so once you decide which one you like you can go to priceline.com and know what hotel you are actually bidding.

All the ones listed are within walking distance of the downtown bars except the Ivanhoe one which is still walkable but a bit too far.

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
9. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

If you need cheaper...than the only other one I would recommend is the Downtown Marriot. Going with any of the other hotels will put you much farther away from the area you will want to be in and quite frankly...I wouldn't recommend you walking very far late at night in downtown Orlando. Seminole Girl had a very good suggestion of contacting the school if you are an alumni to see if there are any special packages available.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Citrus Bowl-Hotels/bars

I have stayed at the Downtown Marriot for NYE and walked to Church Street. It is several blocks, so you may want to take a quick cab ride instead. We were a group of guys, so we were not worried.

The Downtown Marriot is your best bet. Its a very nice hotel, I have stayed many timed for business. The Church Street/Downtown area is fun and they have a street party on NYE. Have Fun!!