We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner shows

allentown,pa
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner shows

I have been to Orlando several times, but I have never gone to a dinner show. I am looking for something new to do and would like to know what people think about the different dinner shows (Dolly's dixie stampede, midieval times, arabian nights, the polynesian show at sea world,etc). So many shows and only so many funds and evenings available so I would like to go to the best one. We have 4 adults going and no children, so please keep that in mind when giving advice. Thanks so much!!

scotland
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner shows

Winnie - huge vote for Dolly here - food/entertainment top notch

/lorraine x

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner shows

Dixie stampede wins every time. Food good, show is good fun very entertaining. Definately good value.

allentown,pa
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner shows

Thanks for the info...have you ever gone to Hoop de doo? Do you think 4 adults would enjoy this show? My husband plays in a bluegrass band and it said it was like a hoe down, so I thought it might be good.

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner shows

Hoop de Doo - gets my vote, a show that has all the energy of a tornado, with good food & drink too. Difficult to get a table during the festive season, I just managed to get reservation a month ago, however I hear there are cancellations so you might get lucky booking a day before etc..

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner shows

Here's another vote for Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, especially for 4 adults. My sister and I went to this show in September and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and the food was terrific.

Another bonus: the food was "all you can eat" style, so you get unlimited portions.

Florida
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner shows

Hoop-de-doo is a great show for all ages. 4 adults will have a great time, I Promise!!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner shows

When are you visiting?

If you are visiting from now through New Year's, Dixie Stampede does a phenomenal Holiday show. It would be my hands-down choice.

If you are visiting after the holidays, It would be a tie for me between Dixie and Hoop Dee Doo. So in that case, it depends on what type of show you want to see. HDD is sort of a comedy/musical/variety stage show. Dixie is in an arena which includes animal races and other competitions. I feel that you get to participate more in the Dixie show, and are entertained more like a theater in the HDD. But they are both good shows.

Wales
Level Contributor
413 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner shows

We went to the Pirate dinner adventure on I Drive, the food was good so was the entertainment and all of us were made to join in the fun as part of the show. Our teenagers enjoyed themselves as much as we did.

9. Re: Dinner shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 19, 2009