We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

I'm planning a small group trip to Disney, Mardi Gras 2017 4nights five days, and want to save some money by staying off Disney property. Any great suites that are affordable (under 350 a night) ? I would love to stay at the art of anaimation and its 350 a night, but for some reason when the bill is totaled the cost is over 3,000 just for the room :( any advice is appreciated. Thank you. !

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
839 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

We like Sheraton Vistana, 8800 Vistana Centre Dr, Lake Buena Vista. One and two bedroom villas. The resort has several pools, close to Disney and easy access to I-4, restaurants and shops. Best to have your own car.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

Look again at AoA. For a "room only", 4 adults for Feb. 3-7, 2016, in a Lion King Family Suite the total cost including tax is $1,320.76. I suspect you had not noticed that tickets were added to your room rate. Of course tickets will increase the price of your package, however they do not have to be included with your room. When you are reserving a room on the official site, just click on "no tickets", when you get to that page.

Please note, if you think you might want to add a dining plan, you must purchase your tickets as part of your package.

2017 on-line booking will be available around June of 2016.

Happy planning!

Edited: 6:21 pm, August 02, 2015
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,866 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

Good advice from travelfanFortWorth.

You have lots of time to research. These are not all suite hotels, but condos, meaning the have kitchens and usually washer/dryer too in addition to extra room.

Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort, Parc Soleil Suites, Marriott Cypress Harbour, Marriott Harbour Lake, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Sabal Palms, Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Sea World and Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

Thank you. This will help a lot. I appreciate you guys taking to time out.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

I will definitely take a look at wdw's website again. It will be 2 adults and 3 children 6,7 and 2.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

I will definitely take a look at Disney's website again. I will be tracing with family (about 5 rooms) and i have been given the task to plan it all.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

I will definitely take a look at Disney's website again. I will be tracing with family (about 5 rooms) and i have been given the task to plan it all.

Edited: 7:12 am, August 03, 2015
Aarhus
Level Contributor
82 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

I recommend these:

Lighthouse Key resort and Spa

Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive South

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,076 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

We like having plenty of space and a kitchen and usually stay offsite. We like the Staybridge Suites LBV,Residdence Inn LBV,Marriott Grande Vista,Embassy Suites LBV LBV and Homewood Suites LBV.They are all well priced and clean.the Value hotel suites at Disney do not have all "real" beds for people to sleep in;there's a fold out sofa,fold out ottoman,etc. Not to our tastes.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel with suites outside of Disney.

With 5 rooms, you'll be much happier staying at Disney. You can come and go as you wish, without waiting for others, juggling cars, etc.