We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

We are a family planning a vacation to Orlando .. I need to choose between one of the above attractions to visit for a day during January .. Can anyone please help according to their experience of which one to go for ?? .. Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Are you not going to be in Orlando for 1 day ? are you visiting any other Parks ?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,724 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Well, there is a certain amount of overlap, but they parks are also very different. As partypa says, do you have more days in Orlando? Other parks you'll be visiting? What is the age make up? Any toddler > kindergarten > primary age? Thrillseekers?

Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

No we are staying for 13 days but I wanted to plan one day for an animals' themed park which as I found out the most famous are the Disney Animal Kingdom and the Basch gardens .. But we are staying in Orlando and as I found out that Basch Gardens is at least 1 hour driving distance from Orlando so I'm not sure if it's worth the visit ?

Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

We are a family of 4 my kids are 13 years old boy and 10 years old girl , my husband and I .

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

if visiting the other 3 Disney Parks then by all means visit the 4th, Animal Kingdom, it is a wonderful Park and with 13 days, you will have time to visit all the Disney Parks multiple times ( depending on when you are going, you may need a few days at each to get round to everything, they are huge ) If you have the time, money and a car rental, take the drive to Busch Gardens as well. The two Parks are two different experiences

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Both showcase animals and thrill rides but BG has more rollercoasters and appeals more to thrill seekers than AK.

Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Thank you partypa and seebeech for your help .. I guess I'm gonna sleep on Busch Gardens until we go there and do most of the attractions including universals , wild life Orlando and more , then decide if we need to take more thrill rides there ..

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
30,837 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

Go to the Busch Gardens website or youtube and check out there rides.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

If you have a Disney pass, then Animal Kingdom is definitely worth a visit. You can do the whole park in a morning/afternoon.

Busch Gardens is 100% worth a visit if you're into thrill rides. The Animal stuff is good there but it's not why you drive an hour to go and see. They have 4 amazing roller coasters and a number of great thrill rides. If you and your family love rides, go!

10. Re: Animal Kingdom versus Basch Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 22, 2016