We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Villa Owners

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Villa Owners

For those who've purchased villas in Orlando in the past few years. The real estate agents claim an average rental income of over 30 weeks per year - have you found this to be the case?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: New Villa Owners

Just had to respond to CWS and the comment about cheap construction. My villa completed in 2003 and the only damage from the three hurricanes last year in the Orlando area was to sofits which cost $300 to fix.

Fort William...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Villa Owners

What I'd like to know is what risk is there of damage to the property from bad weather. e.g Hurricanes. You are a bit remote in the uk to put things right and I believe it is hard to ensure against acts of god in the usa.

CWS
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Villa Owners

thanks Annvan for your last but my point was to highlight to Roaming the construction methods & standards in the US differ from those in the UK. Trust me I now live here ! A good solid house in the UK will stand for hundreds of years, in North America its decades (think of the wolfe & the 3 little pigs).

In Orlando you are hopefully unlikely to be hit by a full on hurricane but friends in Melbourne on the E.coast got wiped out. Understand 50% of homes there are still waiting to get their roofs repaired. Anyways good luck with your investment.

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: New Villa Owners

I agree to some extent what CWS says. There are some homes that are not built as good as others. I think the massive increase in demand for new builds now has lead to some cutting of costs.

Also Paulo260, I wouldn't mind knowing who your MC is. We are thinking of changing ours.

Thanks

Kushty

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Villa Owners

Hi Kushty

Ive been with Alexanders for about 10 years now.English family who emigrated long time ago.Large concern now but always found them great,espec looking after the villa re repairs and cleans.Company is split between maintenance and rentals which is good.

No problems re escrow account either and accounts are emailed to us.They always phone if encounter any probs.

Check out their website floridasunshine.com.

Any other ?please ask

paul

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: New Villa Owners

Thanks Paulo. We will check them out.

Kushty

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Villa Owners

Thanks for everyones comments and advice, I have just returned from Florida and have now purchased a property.

There is a hell of a lot of development going on and still loads and loads of undeveloped land so I can see that the region will be developing for many years to come.

Cheers!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Villa Owners

Kushty

no problem,any ? just ask.

Roaming welcome to the florida lifestyle,glad you found all the advice useful

Paul

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Villa Owners

Thanks for a really informative thread.

As one who contemplated buying to rent when the GBR stood at $1.90 I am impressed with the candour and description of the problems that lurk when buying property so far from home.

I have done my research since and it seems that it is the management companies who make all the money from Brit investment not the owners. I have contacted some UK owners for their objective views and all have told me to leave well alone and invest in something I know about or property nearer to home.