We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

travelling in august 2015 with 13 and 8 year old. we've been to disneyland. which of the 4 parks in WDW would you suggest? do you think i can do all 4 with a 3 day park hopper? i was thinking of doubling up hollywood studios and animal kingdom together in 1 day, devoting 1 day to epcot, and another day to magic. if we miss anything at magic, we could always go back in the evening after a late day break. or since we've been to magic in DL, should we skip it altogether? is there anything that we should not miss? thank you.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,898 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

Very simple. Disneyland is similar to Magic Kingdom. Go to Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
498 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

Disneyland is so so small compared to orlando , such a lot more to see with 4 parks . plan ahead to what you want to do and see. but also be prepared to go with the flow.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

We have done just that and though you may not be able to do everything, you can do a lot. It will depend on when you are going. Be aware that WDW covers about 50 sq miles and so there is time traveling between parks. I wouldn't skip a park, even if you have been to Disneyland. There are a few different attractions and besides we can never get enough no matter how many times we go!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

We have also split AK and Epcot. Even though we were not able to do justice to the world showcase, it worked for us. When you split the day at 2 different parks, book you fastpasses for the 2nd park and be at the 1st one at rope drop and head right to your most desired rides. Ak works great for this.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

Just be aware that park hopping at WDW is a bit of a pain. You will need to transfer via bus (if doing AK to DHS). None of the lovely easy stroll for park hopping at DL.

There is plenty different between Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. I wouldn't skip it. If anything, do a simple google search and you will find out what rides are exact cookie cutter duplicates and just skip those. The Little Mermaid, Dumbo, and Soarin are the first to come to mind.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
553 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

Your plan sounds pretty good! I think doing Animal Kingdom & Hollywood in one day is fine - a long day, with a bus ride, but fine. With the ages of your children, that means they probably won't be "into" the little "kiddie" type aspects of AK, so less to do there (but still fun stuff to do). The Dinosaur ride in AK is just like Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland - so if you're kids like that, you' ll like the Dino ride. Definitely check out the safari, and if your kids & family like more "thrills", Expedition Everest. For Hollywood - they have Star Tours there (in Disneyland too) but still fund to do as they're are ~ 47 different combinations of the experience. The Aerosmith rollercoaster is a Hollywood-only ride. Toy Story Mid Way Mania (in Disneyland too) is in Hollywood- definitely use a Fast Pass as really, really long lines. The Great Movie ride is Hollywood-only. I think it's "hokey" , but could be fun if you need a nice, sit down, cool down giggle.

EPCOT - depends on your kids. To me, I'm bummed not as much is "there" anymore. Soarin' (in Disneyland too) is in EPCOT. Definitely fun is Mission to Mars and Test Track - unique for EPCOT. Test Track has parts similar to Radiator Springs Racers - but is definitely more Tron-like retro:) EPCOT may or may not be a whole day, depending on your families' interests. You could always catch the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. In MK - some rides that aren't in DL that are in MK include: Seven Dwarves Mine Train (definitely fast pass it), Hall of Presidents, Magic Carpets of Alladin (similar to Dumbo) , Stitch's Great Escape, Carousel of Progress, and a few little others. Some rides that are in both parks can be different as well - Haunted Mansion , Pirates, etc. . It's fun to see the differences !

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

I'd skip park hopping and just pick three parks. Otherwise you'll be spending almost $50 per ticket just to try and squeeze stuff in. My suggestion would be Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

I live near DL/DCA so when we go to WDW we are selective in what we do. We do get park hoppers and I did all 4 parks in 3 days last time. There are enough differences between Magic Kingdom and DL to make it worth a few hours. I study the differences in each park and figure out must dos and what would be nice. Some things like Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Soarin, etc. are in the other parks and at DL/DCA.

AK is totally different from DL/DCA, I think the only thing the same is It's Tough to Be a Bug and that is not at DCA at this time.

Edited: 11:42 pm, January 26, 2015
9. Re: 3 days in disneyworld, how to do, we've been to disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 28, 2016