We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to tackle International Drive?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to tackle International Drive?

I know it's a long road, can you walk the whole length of it or is it best to take the buses? If so how long would it take to see most of the things on I-drive? Are there attractions on it or just hotels and shopping centres?

Sorry in advance if this sounds stupid, Its hard to visualise it's appeal when I have never actually been?

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
149 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

I know what you mean! My mum and dad tried to describe it to me before I went, but it was nothing like I imagined!

You can't walk all of it, you can walk sections of it.

There's an obvious divide between the north end and the south end.

The south is much more pleasant, more greenery, the north end is a bit more built up.

In the north end there are tons of souvenier shops. From the north to Pointe Orlando there are loads of restaurants.

There are also a couple of mini golfs, Wonderworks, Ripleys Believe it or not, Muvico cinema at Pointe Orlando.

At each end of International Drive there are shopping outlets- Prime outlets in the north, Premium outlets at the south (which is much nicer).

Your'e best to have a look at the website:

http://www.internationaldriveorlando.com

http://www.iridetrolley.com/index.html

It depends on where you're staying really as th where you'll spend the most time.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

I will be staying on I-Drive at Rosen Plaza.

Is it possible to get a bus to all of the attractions from I-Drive? ie: Disney, Universal, the waterparks, Kennedy Space Centre and Miami?

West Mids UK
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

Hi Kudos

Have stayed at RP on my previous visits - opp Pointe Orlando/Wonderworks - I-Ride stop 31!. The I-Ride witll take you the lenth of I Drive for a buck - there are attractions like Crazy Golf and Wet N Wild along there but nothing like park attractions. Sure the RP offer shuttle bus rides to Seaworld and Disney (Chargeable?). Universal is probably 2m from where you are.

I Drive is fascinating all the same with like you say, plenty of eateries, gift shops and hotels - a good place to stay and never far from something.

All The Best

stevenage herts
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

hi you can get to seaworld on the iride also the shopping malls but to get to disney either use the free transport or reduced charge shuttle from your hotel if they offer one but bear in mind these shuttles have to be booked in advance from reception the day before and you have to go to other hotels for pick ups/drop offs first or you can get iride toseaworld and get the lynx bus to disney then use the mono rail etc to get to parks costs $2 per person, or you can pre book transport from www.viator.com this company has tours which include transport to kennedy etc aswell hope this helps a little....

Nottingham
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

Thank You both for your help.

In 5 weeks time I will be able to come on here and discuss the wonders of Florida with the rest of you.

P.s: Would you reccomend a visit to Kennedy Space Centre?

6. Re: How to tackle International Drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, August 20, 2009