We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Closure Due to Capacity

Wisconsin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park Closure Due to Capacity

I read on some other forums that it is not uncommon for the WDW parks (particularly MK) to close the gates due to park capacity. Because we are teachers we can only go at busy times and we decided to go over Spring Break (3/29-3/31). Also we are not staying on site, and I have read that that puts us at more of a disadvantage; on site guests are not turned away. Is something I need to be concerned about? I'm not worried about mornings but more about afternoons. I have small kids who may need an afternoon nap/rest to prevent a meltdown, and I hope we would be able to get back into the parks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Closure Due to Capacity

Okay, these rumors are often way over exagerated. Having been both a cast member and a guest on some of the busiest days of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, the Fourth of July) here is some advice. Be there 30 mintues before the parks open. Often times there is already a line forming, and if all the cast members are running on schedule they will sometimes open the parks earlier than expected. Second, get Magic Kingdom out of the way your first day there. It will only get more crowded as the weekend progresses. As far as having a meltdown I see adults have meltdowns more often than the kids do. To prevent this, around noon (when the parks start to reach capacity and the weather is at its hottest) go back to your resort. Swim, nap, have a nice lunch, bascially just relax. Then around 4ish head back to the parks. By 6pm everyone else has sore feet and screaming kids, but you and yours can enjoy the evening having been fully rested. I know the chunk of time lost going back to the resort can seem like a waste of your day, but the day is also a waste if everyone is miserable and grouchy. Also, brig a water bottle for everyone, water is pretty expensive in the parks and all the soda they sell will only make you more thirsty. One more tip, plan ahead of time what rides you want to go on. Visit disneyworld.com and decide what you want to do first. Fantasyland is usually best done first thing in the morning or last thing at night. Best of luck and post any other questions you may have.

LLC
California
Level Contributor
221 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Closure Due to Capacity

I agree 100% with previous posting. I could not have said it better myself.