We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

Boston...
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

I must have been tired when I read about the snack, counter & table service options included in the disney dining plan. I was under the impression that I could use the counter service for breakfast (preferably at my hotel, which is the Beach Club) and then use my table service for early dinner at various parks. Apparently, after researching further, I've noticed that there aren't many places to have breakfast on the dining plan ! Was planning on eating 2 good meals a day, w/ snack. Help. Am I missing something here ? Suggestions from experience is greatly appreciated.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

Hello Nonnie,

The Boardwalk Bakery which is located on the Boardwalk where you will be staying offers to go breakfast items such as breakfast burritos and delicious pastry's and crossaints. It's not a full service breakfast restaurant though. It is on the dining plan as a counter and snack service restaurant. Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club offers a breakfast buffet but it would be considered a table service. You could use your snack for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery then use a counter service for lunch at one of the parks and table for dinner or go to the breakfast buffet at Cape May Cafe for a big breakfast, snack for lunch and a large meal for dinner.

Boston...
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

Thanks Healin1 ~ Your suggestions are appreciated. Its funny how the parks don't offer many or any at all breakfast counter service dining options. Chances are our plans will change several times before we even leave, never mind when we are there, since we are going Thanksgiving Week.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,091 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

From the research I did, it seems that most breakfast counter service is located at the resort food courts.

We used two days of our counter service for breakfast at P.O.R. last week at the food court there. It was plenty of food with which to start the day.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

Your welcome Nonnie, I agree not too many choices. Your staying at my favorite Disney resort, your going to love the pool area!

5. Re: Counter Srv Restaurants w/ Dining Plan ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 21, 2009