We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

We will be staying there in October with our young kids. My in-laws want to meet us for a few nights. Is there a hotel near the Nikki that's not so expensive (for two adults :) ? Does anyone know what is around this hotel?

Thanks,

KC

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

If you're talking about the Nickelodian Family Suites, are they really that expensive?

There is the Orlando World Center Marriott across the street, but that's a full service mega hotel with golf course; I doubt that would be less expensive, but check just in case. Down the street (World or World Center Drive) is the Lake Buena Vista Suites; that may be your best bet. Its at the corner of 535 and World Drive; take a right and go down a little ways and there is a La Quinta Inn at 535 and Polynesian Isles Blvd. There's also the Caribe Royale Resort on World or World Center Drive a little past the Lake Buena Vista suites. Not much else in that immediate area. Go north on 535 and you'll eventually get to the heart of the Lake Buena Vista area, with a number of hotels, including the Marriott village.

FYI, just south of the La Quinta is a Hess gas station with good prices (the stations on 535 near I-4 gouge; you'll find they're about 30 cents higher than normal), and then there's a Super Wal-Mart. There's a little strip mall across from the Lake Buena Vista Suites.

jc tenn
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

Thanks EddieK!

We're staying at the Nickelodeon Family Suites with HI Prioritiy Points. I checked prices for the time we'll be there and it would be $219/night, which I thought was higher than other area hotels might be.

KC

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

Yeah, I didn't think it would be that expensive. Maybe the Marriott across could be lower. Are you staying during Columbus Day weekend by chance?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

Yes, we are arriving the day before Columbus day and staying through the week.

Kathleen

5. Re: What's near the HI Nickelodeon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 21, 2009