We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando folks

newcastle upon tyne...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
1 review
Save Topic
orlando folks

were do you people go for your vaction

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
189 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando folks

We have quite the varied population so we don't all go to the same places on vacation. My last vacation was to Costa Rica. My next vacation I'm going to the Benelux countries and then to Iceland.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando folks

Disney World, of course!

Actually, about 8 out of 10 of my vacations are at Disney. I also like to go to the beach, to the mountains, and last year I went to London. So we travel like everyone else. But it's hard to justify all that hassle at the airport when there are so many nice places to stay right here in Florida.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando folks

Your question reminds me of some of bssd's, lol!

In the last 6 years I've stayed in town 3 times (timeshare), did a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, did a week in the Palm Beach area, and did a week in Hilton Head Island, SC (by Savannah, GA). Of course, we also visited family in Atlanta a number of times.

If people want to go to the mountains, the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN area is popular, or Western North Carolina.

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando folks

Europe and anywhere else that is away from theme parks ;-)

My family and I go to Europe twice a year and then we take a cruise once a year. In between, we go to places here and there around the U.S.

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando folks

We like to visit my cousin and wife who live on Lake Norman, North Carolina. The accomodations are spectacular, and the price is right! Also it is a man-made fresh water lake without the type of critters that we have in Florida lakes so that you can ski, tube, or swim without the usual fears.

Florida
Level Contributor
803 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orlando folks

This year: Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia, Scotland, Iceland, Miami, Naples, Palm Beach, Florida Keys ...but not in that order......and not a pair of mouse ears in sight...:)

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: orlando folks

Key West is my favorite place to visit. This year we've gone to Austin, Texas (vacation for me, business for husband), Key West for a week in late May, will be back in Key West for six nights next month, and in December an eight night cruise to St. Maarten, Barbados and Martinique. We usually cruise to somewhere in the Caribbean once a year, but it's been two years since our last. We've also visited California (San Francisco and the Wine Country) several times and Washington, D.C. When the kids were younger, we made several trips to the mountains in North Carolina. We don't usually do long vacations at the beach, but will take a long weekend there every now and then. I still want to visit Southern California, and we hope to eventually visit Europe one of these years.

Kissimmee, FL
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: orlando folks

I've been to Washington DC...Northern California, Taxas and South carolina. Next I'm going back to DC..Chicago and then New York...I've even gone on the Disney Cruise Line (HIGHLY SUGGEST doing this)

9. Re: orlando folks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 23, 2009