We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin US sale

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin US sale

I'm suprised nobody else has posted this (unless I've missed it).

Virgin have a sale on at the moment that even beats TCD's prices. Just booked 3 adults and 1 child to fly 18 days (you can choose any lenght of stay) for May next year and it costs £1467.20. The price with TCD which has to be 14 days is £1742. Great for those who don't want a hire car and for those that do you can get equivalent car as the TCD price I quoted for under £300, which still makes it cheaper than TCD package.

Another point is the hotels room rates once I'd booked flights were the cheapest I've found on the net. We got 4 nights for 4 of us at Fairfield (on Canada Ave, #30 rated on this site) for a total of £116.

Virgin's flydrives and package holidays are still very expensive, so just book it all separate, even through Virgin and it works out cheaper (by over £933 minus approx £320 car hire in our case, £2675 for Virgin flydrive)

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Virgin US sale

Hi craigadunc

Thanks for advice on price of BA flights. Ichecked their prices, about £240 more expensive than Virgin sale price between the 4 of us, but a hell of a lot cheaper than Virgin's regular price.

To be honest the most important points for me in a flight is direct flights,legroom and, of course, price. That's why I've previously used Travel City Direct.

How much extra leg room do you get with BA rather than Virgin? I thought they were no larger and as they don't do direct flights from any airports near Leeds (I'm prepared to travel to Manchester, but not much further unless it's a REALLY good price) I've always dismissed them.

By the way if you're a footy fan I guess you were pleased with the win last night. I was also pleased to see Healy get an hat-trick, being a Leeds fan.

12. Re: Virgin US sale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, August 22, 2009