We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

Hi

We are going in Oct 2006 family of 4 just woundering how much money we will need?

Booked Sheraton Safrai Hotel.

Got our disney / universal tickets

Want to do some shopping.

Hoping someone will have an idea!!!!!

Thanks for all your advise so far!!!!

Mandy

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
Blackbird Vintage Music
Gift & Specialty Shops
The Shooting Gallery
Gift & Specialty Shops
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

If you mean for food, budget $25/day/person. Less if you make sandwiches or are not big eaters or eat just one main meal per day.

Palm Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

It all depends on where you want to stay. I've been to alot of the hotels in Orlando and I can tell you it doesnt pay to get one of those expensive ones that are ON-SITE inside the theme parks. You are better off to get a close hotel because they all have free shuttle buses to the parks. I just submitted a review for the Rodeway Inn International right on International Drive which is in the heart of all the parks. I paid $49 per night which I think was very inexpensive considering the amenities and the room was spotless! My review is still undergoing their review (Trip Advisors) but it should be posted soon. I have a ton of photos of where I stayed if you are interested. There are also other hotels very very close by.

Mentioned in this post
International Drive
International Drive
4,359 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

We have booked our motel. So money is only for food +shopping!

Louisville
Level Contributor
23 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

We just visited Disney in August. We got reservations for the character dinner at Liberty Street Tavern. It was great. Minnie and her friends came around to the tables. The meal was family style and was all you can eat. We ate a light lunch and had a couple of snacks and then chowed down at dinner. For a family of four, the dinner was $100. We had a 5:50 reservation so we were full the rest of the night. I thought the food was cheaper at Disney then Seaworld. The four of us has cheeseburgers at Seaworld and our bill was $50. I paid around 1.50 for a pudding the size of a Snack Pak Pudding. The bottled waters were around $3 each. We drank a lot of them.

What got us was the spray water bottle with fans for the kids at Disney. They are $17 a piece. But the kids loved them and everyone had one so you know how that goes.... Have fun!

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

Budget on $100 a day for your drinks and eats and you should be fine.

6. Re: how much spending money does a family of 4 need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 20, 2009