We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids on Dreamliner September

Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kids on Dreamliner September

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in flying with Thomson (or any airline really) to Orlando in September? For me, there is nothing worse than being on a plane for 9 hours and having kids shouting and screaming and playing about on a plane.

Was wondering what its like in September with the kids being back at school? Do people generally avoid taking their kids out within the first couple of weeks of the school year? We're flying 6th September, so for many i think they will have started their first week.

I'm hoping it will mostly be couples or people with much older children.

Edited: 3:04 pm, August 17, 2014
Lincs
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

Is this a wind up ? Ive been going to Orlando for over 20 years and have never been on a plane that has "kids shouting screaming and playing about on a plane" 99.9% of children are well behaved. Is Orlando really the place you want to be going if they trouble you that much ??

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

Wind up or no in sept you will not get older children but pre schoolers. Never been n any flight which has zero children.

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

My Daughter was nearly 2 last year when we went to Orlando. She sat watching films for 7 hours of the journey without any complaint and then fell asleep.

She didn't once get out of her seat other than when we went to the toilet.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

An aircraft is public transport... Anyone can be on board. You simply can not tell. One day you may get very few kids, the next day you may get a whole party of them. What difference does it make anyhow? You are booked and cannot change now...

I would suggest there is more likely to be school kids on board in July and August but in September you may get more pre-schoolers so good luck. Hopefully they will not spoil your holiday.

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

We went last year in Sept with our then 26 month old. She watched tv for a bit. Slept for 3 hours watched more tv got a few bum changes and we arrived in orlando with no screaming no miss behaving and certainly no "playing about the plane"

People like you need to get a grip. Children have the exact same right as you to be on that plane.

Their parents worked hard to pay for it so they deserve it. Orlando is a family/children haven and if they bother you that much you may want to rethink your plans.

Don't brand all children the same. Its down to how they are parented and how the parents are too.

Also I'm sure you have your mood swings. Who's to say a child can't?

Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

Completely agree with NanaMooner and Danielle D. Ridiculous post.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

Parents are going to avoid taking their kids out of school the first part of September, which is why you are going to see far more younger children. And I agree with the previous posts, most children are exceedingly well behaved on flights, but you can't blame a young child not wanting to sit perfectly still for 9 hours straight. Orlando is a place for families, if you don't want kids, vacation somewhere else.

8. Re: Kids on Dreamliner September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 19, 2015